Chapter 16

“Since when do you take Jojo to school?” I heard Galina as we were about to head out the door.

“Since I have been a good uncle which is forever” I rolled my eyes and I grabbed Joe’s keys to their Range Rover.

I didn’t really like driving but for what I had planned for today I needed a car.

“Okay will you be using the car all day?”

“Yeah and I’ll pick her up from school as well…” Galina eyed me suspiciously before giving Jojo a kiss.

“Have a good day at school sweetie!”

“Where’s the flowers Uncle Jon?” I heard Jojo as I hooked her into a seat belt despite it only being about a five minute drive.

Better safe than sorry.

“What flowers?” I frowned as I registered what she had said.

“The flowers for Z…”

‘That’s Miss Z to you young lady and well I don’t have any” I shrugged as I began the car.

I reminded myself to never speak like that again as it was just too weird, I sounded like Joe when he got into strict dad mode.

“She said everyone can call her Z and she’s going to be sad without flowers” she whined.

“Fine.. if you are late don’t tell your mom and definitely not your dad..” I sighed as I turned down to get to the busy streets of town.

I admit I was in a good mood today, I mean yes I was fucking nervous but I would finally get to speak to her with a clear head.

Maybe a tired head as well but clear, as I knew what I wanted and nothing she said would throw me off today.

I was going to get her..

“Er..” I stopped, as I realized I knew nothing about flowers.

I was pretty sure that Zoe most likely didn’t like flowers but if I didn’t get any I would have Jojo nagging on my head

And as much as I loved sweetpea, her whining could get annoying if she was upset with you.

Cause while I have heard kids sit in a corner and give you the silent treatment when they are mad my sweetpea was not like that.

Even though she was only eight she could put you on a fucking guilt trip.

Once I was too hungover to take her out for pancakes as I had promised her and lets just say that didn’t go down well.
I bought about ten fucking dolls to make it up to her …

“Uncle Jon!”

I felt her tugging on my tee and I glanced down briefly and then back at the variety of flowers.