Chapter 22

So trying to be hidden when you have large floppy fucking ears and huge ass paws as feet ?

Well it tested me and not forgetting how fucking hot it was inside it.

I groaned as I sat behind a bush holding a basket of eggs.

Joe and Galina are never going to let me live this down and when I say never I mean never.

This will be coming up in our conversation for the next decade most likely.

But the smile I got from her before the hunt began was worth it and well the fact that I had to meet her dad while wearing it was awkward, but he was laughing so yeah I guess that was a good sign.

It made it less nerve wrecking although I wouldn’t be wearing the suit all day…

“Where is he?” I heard Jojo’s voice and then Galina’s.

“I’m not sure sweetie we just have to keep looking..” the steps became softer as they disappeared.

While I wouldn’t have minded Jojo finding me she would have recognized my voice as she knew all my fake accents by now.

It felt like I had been glued to the spot forever, did I hide that well or were kids these days simply slow.

I tried to get up and…

“I see his ears, I see it , I found the bunny!” I heard a little boy and I was grateful as sitting for more than a hour did not help me or my back.

Three of them appeared in front of me and I stood up, “Congratulations you found me!” I called out and glanced in their baskets doubling their eggs.

“Thank you Easter Bunny!”

“My pleasure , happy hunting!” I waved as my role was over while they would continue hunting for a couple more hours.

I walked to the parking lot area when I spotted Zoe and Joe further in the park as they followed Sky around and she saw me or well the Bunny and she left him and ran up to me.

“How did it go?” I heard her as we walked together.

I needed to be hidden before the kids figured out I was the bunny.

“Well I’m out of eggs!”

She smiled and I couldn’t wait to take off this thing so I could see it properly.

I turned off the alarm of the Range Rover as we walked to the side so I could open the back door , and she glanced at my clothes.

“Don’t worry I’m not naked under here, left one piece of clothing on” I winked as I took the bunny head off and was thankful for the slight breeze as she simply rolled her eyes at my comment.

She moved forward and moved some of the hair clinging to my forehead out the way with her fingers before folding her arms as she stared at me.

“Thank you for doing that Jon, I still can’t believe you actually did it”

“Well being a bunny for a couple hours ain’t so bad.. maybe I’ll make it a part-time thing.. every Easter” I realized I had made no sense at all but she laughed anyway.

“You kinda pull pink off..” She tugged on the pink section a bit as she moved closer and I stared into her eyes.

“Well I guess I do” I moved closer and I wanted to trail my fingers over her skin but these stupid bunny hand things prevented it but I still moved my head lower and her lips met mine.