Chapter 12

"Thank you so much for telling me you were returning dear brotha!"

I rolled my eyes as Joe walked into what was meant to be my locker room.

"Sorry, know how much you wanted your own locker" he laughed as he had just returned after being out for a couple of weeks after his nose surgery.

"I like the whole brawl thing" I smirked.

"I like the whole scare the beast thing. You do know why I didn't tell you right?"

I raised my eyebrow.

"You left my house in the middle of the night Jon? Didn't bother saying anything, we still wanted to know about the date and.."

I cut him off as I didn't want to hear anything further about it.

"It was a date nothing you need to know" I shrugged and sat back down onto the bench.

"What happened?" He sat down next to me.

"Nothing like I said I didn't want anything with her..."

You mean she doesn't want you..

"So one bad date and you're just giving up like that?"

"I'm not, she doesn't want to be with me.  She said I couldn't handle her shit, she pushed me away"

I raised my voice as just thinking about it fucking made me feel so many emotions that I wasn't used to , especially with a woman.

I heard him chuckle, "She's just like you .."

"What?" My eyes snapped to him as I didn't get how the worst moment of my life was a fucking joke.

Zoe leaving you after you hardly knew her was the worst moment of your life?

Seriously?

"The first time you and I hung out. You gave me fucking hell! You didn't want any friends but did I give up? No and look where we are" he smiled and I sighed.

"That's different" I ran my hand through my wet hair and he rolled his eyes.

"The only thing that's different is that this time you know how it feels putting in the labour but its worth it brotha. Because you're my family and if I hadn't ignored all your shit to find out your real shit? Where would we be? Just think about it. Not everything is meant to be fucking easy"

"Haven't seen you around here in awhile" Luke poured me a drink.

He still remembered me.

Its only been two weeks.

Really? Felt like forever...

"Yeah been travelling the world"

Of course Joe had managed to convince me and here I was a day later in his town while he was at Smackdown.