Cumberland Spaceman

Cumberland Spaceman

In 1964, a man named Jim Templeton took a photograph of his young daughter while visiting Burgh Marsh in Cumberland, a county in northwest England.

After Kodak developed the picture, Templeton was stunned to see what appears to be a white figure standing behind his daughter. Templeton claims that he did not see anyone in the background while he was taking the photograph, but does recall that some animals in the area were behaving strangely at the time.

Kodak investigated the film and did not find any evidence of tampering. Templeton claimed that he was later visited by two government agents in dark suits (similar to the “men in black” tales often associated with alleged witnesses of UFO’s). They supposedly attempted to intimidate him into admitting that his photo depicted nothing unusual. The picture quickly captured the public’s imagination.

Jim Templeton died in 2011 at the age of 91, still insisting that the photo is genuine. Who, or what, is the figure depicted behind young Elizabeth Templeton?

Theories –

-Templeton hoaxed the photograph. A friend or family member dressed up in a costume and stood behind his daughter.

-The photo depicts someone wearing a cloaking device, possibly as part of a secret government experiment.

-The spaceman was an alien, a ghost, or an entity from a parallel universe.