Chapter 19

Marcus' gaze never left the twin blades as he told Morgan the dream.

The merman remained quiet even after Marcus was done.

"Its real you know," Morgan murmured after awhile, "A legend you humans would say, but to me it's very real."

Marcus turned to him, watching his posture, a single taloned finger tracing the ground.

"It's a tale before the Great Flood began, when most of your world was covered with our waters," Morgan began, his voice soft, a far away look in his green eyes. "Before the gods moved to the celestial world, there was a god named Ashur. He was a violent god, who's black eyes stirred the deepest fears in every creature. He always kept to himself, never leaving the cold, desolate ocean of the north. At least, until he met Deleri."

"The merman from my dream," Marcus murmured softly.

Morgan nodded, "They became friends, and eventually they also became lovers, calming Ashur's violent personality. However, Deleri's people were attacked by beasts of the east, feasting on their flesh. Ashur, took it upon himself to defend the people."

Morgan's smile rested on his lips, "Eventually they won and Ashur created a kingdom, providing a safe haven for Deleri's people. He was in love. In love with Deleri and his people."

Marcus chuckled, "Sounds like a happy ending."

Morgan's features turned somber, "Not really. Ashur was a god, who would forever remain young. As the time passed and Deleri grew older, Ashur decided that it was best for him to leave, but not without a gift."

"A gift?" Marcus spoke softly, curious.

Morgan nodded and slipped his finger into Marcus's, "Yes. I think it's best I show you the gift. It's been hidden for so many centuries, kept secret from even the royal family."

The witch made his way towards the door, "Bring your weapons as well."

_________

"I don't understand," Caspian murmured, "I have never heard of this room."

Morgan chuckled, "Of course not. Which is why I sent Cassio to search for it."

"Cassio found it!" the light fae cried out with glee, pointing at a strange symbol that remained hidden beneath the barnacle in an abandoned room.

"And now?" Atlantis spoke, a red eyebrow arched.

"The blood of a royal," Morgan murmured, eyes falling on Caspian.

With a sigh, the Onyx king nicked his finger against the blade he always carried and pressed it against the symbol.

A loud groan was heard, the wall sliding to the side, exposing a dark corridor.

Cassio turned to Morgan, who only nodded.

Marcus watched in awe as the fae slipped into the corridor, his light glowing even brighter, illuminating the corridor.

The walls were made of stone, intricately decorated with strange symbols. To Marcus, it felt strangely similar, almost as if he had been here before.

My son...

Marcus nearly jumped in his own skin as the voice echoed through the corridor.

"Did you hear that?" Marcus whispered.

Morgan shook his head, "Only you can hear the god's voice."

Caspian blinked, "What am I not being told of, Morgan?"

Morgan's cat eyes glowed, "All in due time your Majesty."

To Marcus, the tunnel felt as if it never ended at least, until he saw another door.