Chapter 7

He gave a light laugh, "Don't joke around Morgan, you must remember me."

Morgan eyes remained blank
Atlantis felt his heart stop, his body frozen and unable to move. How was this happening? How could Morgan not remember him. They had grown-up together, sharing soft, passionate kisses to intimate and sometimes unsure touches.

It was all gone.

Slowly, he backed away, holding back tears that threatened to sprout from his eyes. Before he knew it, he left the room, a fleeting streak of the green walls appearing as his vision blurred.

"Atlantis!" he heard his brother say, callous fingers grabbing his wrist and tugging him backwards. Atlantis trembled as he let Kai pull him into an embrace.

"I don't understand. What happened?" he sobbed, emotional pain clenching his chest.

"I don't know brother," Kai murmured, his hand rubbing his back, "You should ask Ren."

"It may be only temporary," a soft voice said. Atlantis pulled away from Kai's arms, rubbing the tears away with the back of his hand.

"What do you mean?"

Silver eyes bore wisdom and intelligence, a touch of what looked like motherly concern, "The mind is a complicated thing. But Morgan is what most humans call temporary amnesia. His memories can come little by little or all at once."

A sigh of relief left his chest, "Thank the gods. How do I help regain his memories?"

Ren pursed her lips for a moment, "Well, you can show him the places where you two often visited. Things that he should be used to every day, but for now give him some space."

Atlantis clenched his fist in determination. He was willing to fight for him, Morgan, the one who also saved him from the depths of despair. The witch who had his own tragic history but always looked on the brightest side of people.

He was going to help Morgan remember.

****
Cassio waited until everyone had left the room before he slipped in. Morgan sat there, a blank look in his eyes.

"Master Morgan?" Cassio said, his voice slightly high. Vertical slits fell on his, a knowing look brightening his eyes.

"Cassio!" he said, grinning widely.

The light faery smiled happily, his tiny arms wrapping around his finger, the only thing he could actually fit in a hug. Morgan's quiet chuckle filled the fae's ears, a single talon gently scratching the skin between his wings, making Cassio purr in delight.

"Why is it that I remember you?" the witch murmured, his fingers curling around Cassio's golden hair. Cassio nibbled his lip, debating whether or not he should say. The light fae where more than just faeries that glowed in the darkness. They had abilities that could heal the wounded and know the true power within those that possessed magic. However there were powers within them that remained dormant by the command of their two masters. The Diamond King and the sea witch, Morgan, the only two mers that could unleash the devastation a light faery can cause. It was by the power of Ursula's magic, their first master, did the cursed bloodlust of the faery that locked away the darkness within them.

"What are you thinking little one?" his soothing voice broke through Cassio's thoughts.

He smiled softly, "Nothing, just perhaps that you can remember me because you're my master."

Morgan smiled softly, "Possibly. I know not why most of my memories were taken but I can't help but feel something calling me, as if my purpose is to achieve that goal."