Chapter 18- Don't Go

I watched soundcheck from backstage, making sure no one in the crowd could see me. I wore shorts with a normal ol' shirt with my hair up. I stood with Jade as she couldn't help but keep her hands still.

"Are you okay?" I asked, slightly beginning to worry.

"No.." Being honest, her eyes eased to mine.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I just don't feel right."

"Are you homesick?" I placed a hand on her back.

"I-" Her words cut along with her attention as her body froze before hurrying to the bathroom, me following close behind. As she reached the toilet-well, that's just a little too gross. I held her hair back, rubbing her back. I made sure she knew that I was there. I was also quick to get a wet paper towel to whip her mouth. "Thank you.." She breathed out, looking horrible.

"You're welcome, do you want to go back to the bus?" I helped her up from the floor while she shook her head yes. Helping her back to the bus, there was a couple girls at the fence out back of the arena.

"Is she okay?" One called out, phone at hand but not seeming to be aiming it.

"She's a bit sick." I answered loud enough for them to hear.

"Get better." Another smiled which allowed a weak and tired smile to tug at the corners of Jade's lips.

Finally getting her in a buck, I tucked her in just how I remembered my mom doing so when I was way little. Pulling the blanket to my neck, making sure my pillow was okay, because of the condision of Jade, I felt her cheeks then forehead. "You're heating up..." I whispered softly, incase she was developing a headache.

"Am I dying?" She said, I hoped in a joking manner.

"No, I promise." I faked a smile as I began to start to worry more for her health. In the last 20 minutes or so, she had seemed to get worse. Scared to leave her alone, I texted Niall.

"Hey, Jade got sick and now she's back in the bus. I'll be staying with her."

"Tell her that we wish her luck with getting better!"

Locking my phone, I continued to look after Jade, getting her water and of course making her soup. I felt awful because of how she was feeling. Finally, I had her get some rest, which should always help. Even though she was sleeping, I never left her side. I may be getting all worried about nothing but she is my friend, my best friend and I never really had one before. I sat reading a book off my phone, getting into the book, I didn't realize Jade was up.

"Why are you here?" She said with a tired voice, a tad bit confused maybe?

"Oh-I was making sure you're okay."

"You didn't have to, now you missed the show!" Her voice never raising from a soft tone.

"Jade," I let out a weak giggle, "I've seen the show before, I know what happens."

That night, when the boys came back on the bus, they all made sure Jade was okay before heading to bed after such a tiring day and from an amazing show they put on.

"Do you want to take the bunk?" Niall back up behind me.

"I'm going to take the couch, closer to Jade." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Alright, I'll make room just in case." I felt him breathe hot air down my neck. I fought the urge to do what any other girl would do, and that would be to pounce on him.

An hour past and I hear Jade adjust herself awake. Sitting up, she let out a sigh.

"I'm not getting better." She said with a stuffy nose.