Chapter 2-Principles Office

Waking up the next morning was a struggle. My eyes being red and buffy didn't hide the fact I had a break down. Dried tears displayed on my cheeks and my pillow was still a bit damp from the tears that had fallen.

The tears wiped away the make up I used to cover my bruises. I stood in front of my mirror, studying them. My fingers lightly glided over the bruise that had been developing on my right cheek, her first punch.

Did I deserve this?

I covered it all up again, put a smile on my face, and was out the door for another day in the hell hole.

I walked down the halls in white vans, light skinny jeans, and a light blue shirt, with my hair down. I heard people muttering my name along with a few censored adjectives.

I wasn't the type to display my depression, because if I did, I would have to explain it and I already know, no one cares.

"Watch it!" A girl snapped as she intentionally bumped into me.

"Sorry." I mumbled, never taking my eyes from the ground.

I know what you're thinking, I'm a wussy.. That maybe right but come on, I just got beat up the day before and I don't want to go through that again just yet.

"Excuse me?" She stopped in her tracks to turn to me.

"Leave her alone!" Someone said. Turning to see who it was, it was Mrs. Hillson.

Again? Really? I don't need her help..

"Aww, poor little baby got a protection program." The girl taunted.

"Shut up." I snapped.

"Don't tell me to shut up! I'm better than you! Look at yourself, look around! No one likes you." As the words passed her lips, anger grew inside of me. With no hesitation I throw down my books and went to go swing before Mrs. Hillson arms were around me, holding me back.

"Let me go!" I screamed.

The girl, along with others watching began to laugh, causing the anger to build and my heart to beat fast. Getting free from Mrs. Hillson, my fist made impact to the girls cheek, sending her body to the ground.

With one hit, she just laid there, like a rag doll, she was motionless. Everything went quiet. I just hit her, standing up to myself. I looked around at the people's expressions, then to Mrs. Hillson.

"I'm sorry.." I mouthed.

I sat in the office, waiting for my parents. My knee was shaking as I was nervous to hear the things my mom would say, hopefully my stepdad is with her.

"You hit someone?" She stepped in the office.

"Mrs. Gabourie, please, let's talk in my office." My principle said as he hinted for me and my mom to follow him.

Sitting in the chair, next to my mother, and across from the principle was getting my heart to race.

"Mrs. Gabourie," he started out "we have no choice but to send Julia home for 10 days." My mother rolling her eyes, sighing. "But, I do feel that she needs to go see someone. I think she's having issues here at school with the other kids."

"She doesn't have issues." She snapped.

"Well, I'm sure you hear about yesterday's fight." He looked at me. "But your daughter seems to clean up well.." He added. I felt my moms eyes on me.

"A fight? Yesterday?" She spoke in a harsh tone.

"A little one." I barely composed.

"Here's a number to a group meeting for kids who are," he paused at a loss with words "depressed."

"My child is not depressed!" My mother stood up. "Let's go, Julia."

The car ride was silent. Not a soul was talking. I was even too scared to think.

"Since you're going to be home for 10 days, you can clean." She said as we pulled into the drive way. "Marc and I are going out tonight, do some then." She added before getting out.

I was left to sit in that car, alone. Yet, that's what I wanted, to be alone.

Tears began to swell up in my eyes, I couldn't take this.

I unnoticeably slipped into my room.

Stepping into my bathroom, I closed the door. Digging out my blade, I filled the bath tub.

That next morning, Saturday, I was awaken by my mothers harsh words.

"Where's Marc?" I questioned with a weak and tired voice.

"Sleeping, now get up and clean." She demanded. She was never like this around my stepfather. She acted all sweet and caring around him.

I shoved the covers from me as something caught my moms eye.

"What's that?" She spoke in curiosity.

"What's what?" Confused I looked around.

"That, on your leg!" Just then, I noticed I fell asleep in my shorts and she had caught sight of my cuts. I sat on my bed with nothing to say. "What is it?" Her voice rose in anger.

"I don't know!" I said in fear of what she might do if she knew the truth. "I guess I cut myself cleaning last night."

She stepped closer, in that moment I knew everything was about to go wrong. "In straight lines?" She played dumb.

"Guess so.." I said surprised.

"So, what's so wrong you want to cut yourself?" She spat an attitude, obviously done with the stupid game.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Don't feed me that crap, Julia! I don't want anything dramatic in this house! I'm finally happy and I don't need you or your little pointless drama in my life." She got close to say in a whisper, being sure not to wake Marc.

"I promise, it's nothing."

"Better be nothing.." She spat before walking out of my room.

Leaving me alone in my room with the sun shining brightly through my blinds.

Leaving me alone with the thought

Breathe

*Okay, so hai! I'm Mara, I'm super excited to be writing this kind of fanfic. If you follow my Instagram, I'm sorry for all the spams of my little promoting. I'm loving all the feedback! Thank you so much! The comments really help me stay focused and into the writing. I do want to try and update twice or maybe three times a week!

This chapter is a bit longer than the first one and this is how I really wanna post them. Long and interesting!

HAHAHAHA, penis joke.

Just kidding.

Anyways.

It might have a slow start but once when Niall enters, it's gonna get entertaining!

Thank you again for all the positive feedback and thank you for reading!

I love you guys!

~Mara *