Chapter 5- Change

I had just about everything packed when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I said calmly, hoping it wasnt my mom. My door slowly cracked open and my stepdads head peaked in.

"Hey, babygirl." His voice was sincere.

"Oh, hey." I was slightly taken back at his tone, it was so soft. I took a seat at the end of my bed, knowing he wanted to talk about something. "Im sorry about how I talked to my mom." I admitted, even though I wasn't sorry, not one bit.

"Thats over with, kiddo." He came in and closed the door. Stepping closer to me, he pulled up my desk chair in front of me. "What did you want to tell me earlier?"

"Its really nothing." I spoke, slightly surprised he even remembered about me telling him something.

"I want to know, Julia." He gave me a soft small smile. I, then, told him about Niall and about all that seemed to be planning out. I realized, that as I talked, I was smiling. He seemed to be into the story as I came to an end. "Let me give you my number, anything else happens, let me know! I'll even take you to go see the kid." He smiled.

"Thanks, Marc." I smiled widely as he opened his arms for a hug.

Shortly after the talk he and I had, my dad pulled into the driveway. Dragging my things down the stairs and in my dads car, he and my mom were talking. My mom shared with him about my fights and about how I had been acting lately. Marc helped me with the heavy things I had. About an hour of bashing on me, my mom was done. "Take your child." She spat as I fought to avoid eye contact with her.

I sat in the passager seat as my dad drove, never leaving his eyes off the road. The trip was silent until I got an alert on my phone.

"Direct Message from @NiallHoran: I got you a ticket if you're up for the party! How's Floor?"

A smile soon tugged on my lips as I read the message from Niall.

"Who's that?" My dad spoke as he took a quick glance at my phone screen.

"Nothing." I smiled as I went to reply to him.

"Thats really sweet, Niall! But thats okay. I dont want to impose." Which wasn't a lie. I had no idea why he was being so nice to me.

"I've been meaning to tell you, you're moving to a different school.." My dad said in a matter of fact way. Normally, anyone would be upset about such change, but me? I had no friends to lose.

Agreeing with him so easily, he smiled and carried on his way to paying attention to the road. Traveling about two more hours, we finally pulled into a large driveway. My eyes were glued on the huge house that we slowly pulled up to.

"This is your house?" I said in shock and amazement.

"Yup.." He said proudly. "Come on, I'll help you with your bags."

He showed me to my new room. The walls were pink, the ceiling was high, and the bathroom was huge. He had 6 rooms and 7 bathrooms along with a movie room.

"So, this is where my child support went to." I teased as I sent down my things in my room.

He left out a soft chuckle, "Your mother didn't tell you?" he seemed overly shocked.

"She doesn't tell me anything." I giggled as I sat on the bed.

"I own stocks, the good ones." He winked "I also work a lot, so sadly, you'll be here alone a lot." His smile faded somewhat, "Whenever I go on traveling business, you can come." His lips soon tugged back into a toothy smile.

Living with my dad was way different from living with my mom. Without all the moving and change, I almost forgot to check my phone, but when I did.