Chapter 18: Sass

Chapter 18: Sass

Demi's P.O.V

"You don't have to come you know. You could just stay here." I told Alex's mum and dad.

"You trying to keep us from meeting your parents Demi?" Jeremy, Alex's dad joked.

"No it's just..." Alex interrupted me a second later.

"Demi's mother is a bitch." Alex finished

"That's one way of putting it." I replied

"There's another way of putting it?" He asked me.

"Yes. You could call her an old bat who likes to stir up a lot of drama." I pointed out.

"Or an judgemental arsehole." Alex added.

"She cackles like a witch though so maybe she's secretly a witch disguised as a human." Alex continued a minute later.

"Or a two headed..." I jumped in as soon as I could.

"Okay I think they get it. Bottom line mum can make some very...interesting comments about things." I told Jeremy and Alicia.

"Or people." Alex coughed as he turned his head.

"Don't worry Demi. There's nothing she can say that we haven't heard before in our lifetime."

"I'm sure she'll think of something to say just please no arguments tonight." Alex looked offended as I looked straight at him.

"Me? I would never do such a thing." He said all innocent

"Last time you spoke to her you called her an old witch who needs to stick her opinion up her arsehole." I reminded him.

"Oh yeah...her face was priceless." Alex chuckled.

"Yes it was until Aimee started copying some of the language you used." I told him.

The kids entered the room a second later with their uncles. "I can't make any promises." Alex muttered as Aimee came towards us.

Half an hour later we arrived at the diner mum wanted us to meet at. My mum didn't make any sense. One second she wanted nothing to do with me and the next she wanted to go out for dinner

My mum looked horrified as she saw David and Sebastien holding hands. "Yes mum we're even more accepting human beings then you thought. Oh what a horror." I said sarcastically

"Homosexuality is not natural. God said so." Mum replied.

"This same God also preach about love and acceptance, so in other words you are hypocrite Nana." Mackenzie replied

My mum went quiet as we went inside to be seated. But she wasn't silent for long, as soon as soon as we all sat down she started again.

"So I see Aimee hasn't got her dog chew with her this time? Decided to actually be normal for once."

Aimee pretended to think before she answered my mums question. "I tried to be normal. It was the worst two seconds of my life."

"So you would rather be a freak?" Mum asked.

"Hell yeah. Plus, this "freaks" nana are the reason why we still don't think the world is flat. Who sounds stupid and ridiculous now?" Mackenzie asked as she looked down at the menu.

"Plus Albert Einstein who is considered to be one of the cleverest people to have lived was also a "freak" so hell yeah I'd rather be a freak then someone who claims to be a Christian but doesn't seem to realise that the one main thing Jesus said was not to judge." Mac finished.

"Also you aren't exactly doing yourself any favours because he also said to treat others the way you wish to be treated nana. So you want to be judged for who you are as a person and constantly attacked for who you are. Wow." Mac said a minute later.

"I-I urm." Mum stuttered.

"You just got owned by a thirteen and a five-year-old Diana how does it feel?" I heard Alex ask.

My mother glared at him a second later. "Just shut up Alex." She mumbled.

"Don't like it when you're proved wrong? How about next time you have a comment about my family you shove it up you butt with a coconut." I tried to keep a straight face as Alex came out with that.

Authors Note

So I know it's short and you are probably confused because I deleted this and then re published it but still. Nana just silenced by Mackenzie and I don't think she likes it.

But anyway thoughts and feelings on this chapter? Mackenzie has got a whole lot of sass in her recently. Maybe I should make Aimee just as sassy that would be funny. It would be like the stuff Evie comes out with in 'The Unexpected Series" (Which is another series I'm working on at the moment if you didn't know.) You should check it out if you haven't already because it has a very sassy five year old. But before I make this super long thanks for all the reads and comments and I love you guys and I'll update more than likely in the next few hours if I have the time