Chapter 20

Celebrian was riding through the Redhorn Pass with her two elvan guards. The Redhorn Pass was a pass that led them through the Misty Mountains. Everything seemed to be okay, but the elvan guards remained on alert. Ever since, Celebrian started on her journey, to visit her parents, she couldn't stop thinking about her children and Elrond. Things didn't seem right any more and she didn't know why. Perhaps it was because her children were no longer little any more. Or something the complete opposite.

Just then, the guard in front of Celebrian stopped his horse. Celebrian stopped and looked around, she didn't see anything. Everything around them was quiet. She didn't know what was going on and she was a little bit frightened. Her heart started to pound non-stop and adrenaline was even flowing through her veins.

It wasn't long before they continued on walking through the pass. When they got farther down the pass, orcs popped out and started fighting off the elvan guards. As much as the elvan guards tried, it was no use. Celebrian tried to ride away, but the orcs eventually caught up to her. There was nothing the elvan guards could do at this point because the orcs had already killed them. Celebrian was waiting for them to do the same to her, but they never did. The head orc of this group walked over to Celebrian and the two orcs holding her.

"Take this one back, she looks like she could give us some valuable information." ordered the orc.

The two orcs holding Celebrian nodded their heads in agreement.

Just before Celebrian was taken away she said, "Your wasting your time filth."

The head orc did not like Celebrian talking back at him, so he slapped her across the face. Celebrian's face eventually became red. The orcs started dragging her away, since she was trying to fight back. Before she had to go, Celebrian yelled something to her horse.

"Norro (run)! Inform Elrond." yelled Celebrian to her horse.

The head orc walked over to Celebrian and punched her in the face, which made her pass out.

***

Elrond was walking outside with Lindir when Celebrian's horse galloped to the front of the palace. Elrond waisted no time in running over to the horse. Lindir stopped at the top of the steps, while Elrond walked down the steps to the frightened horse. He grabbed the reigns and calmed the horse down. Elrond was confused as to what might have happened. Did Celebrian fall of her horse? Did the horse run off on her?

Elrond told Lindir to come down and hold the horses reigns. Lindir did just that. While Lindir held the horse, Elrond started looking around to see if he could find anything. The saddle remained on and everything seemed to be in place. But, on the side of the saddle, there were scratched in it that had blood. It was no ordinary blood though, from which you would find elves, humans, or dwarves having. This blood was darker and it had a putrid smell.

"Orcs." said Elrond.

Before Elrond could say anything more, the two twin boys came over to their father, with Arwen by their side.

"We saw nana's (mother's) horse come riding over, is she back?" asked Arwen.

"Um, no Arwen, go to your room for a little bit." said Elrond.

Arwen left and went back to her room. The two brothers, Lindir, and Elrond stayed in the front for a moment. Elrond could tell that his sons were a little confused. It was hard for Elrond to even think about it, but he had to tell that what has happened.

"Ada (fahter), what is going on?" asked Elrohir.

"Your mother's horse came galloping back here, only without your mother. The horse was spooked and there are markings on the saddle, with blood. I assume that your mother has been captured by orcs." explained Elrond.

Elrond's blood began to boil as he said those words. And he could tell that the twins were too.

"What do you need from us?" asked Elladan.

"Will you accompany me to find your mother?"

The twin boys nodded their heads. They were more than happy to go with their father and find their mother, so that they could make the orcs pay.

"Hir vuin (my lord) Elrond, you cannot go, you have business here in Rivendell that must be taken care of." said Lindir.

"Lindir, my wife, your queen, has been captured and I will not sit around and rule a kingdom when she is out their suffering."

Lindir lowered his head. He was only trying to help because he knew that if the kingdom got word of this, everyone would be in panic. So the twins stepped forward and took on the responsibility.

"Ada (father), Lindir is right, you need to stay here. We will go find nana (mother) and bring her back. You may be nana's (mother's) husband, but you are also the Lord of Rivendell. We promise that we won't come back without her." said Elladan.

Elrond didn't like the idea. He wanted to tag along and he didn't want to put his sons in danger. But, he knew that they were more than capable of handling something like this. So Elrond agreed and let the boys go and find their mother. He watched as they rode off, on their way to find Celebrian.