Chapter 12

Days Later

Celebrian and Celeborn had worked things out with each other. Celebrian had forgiven her father and moved on. She still missed Rivendell and Lord Elrond, but she had to move on. She didn't think that she would ever see him again because her father made it very clear that she wasn't to return.

***

Celeborn and Galadriel were sitting on their chairs in the throne room. They were simply enjoying the peace and quiet together. Celeborn was holding Galadriel's hand while they sat. There silence was interrupted by an informant elf. Celeborn and Galadriel turned their attention to the informant and waited for what he had to say.

"Hir vuin (my lord) and hiril vuin (my lady), I am here to tell you that Lord Elrond has arrived." said the elf.

Immediately after the elf said that, Lord Elrond walked up from behind him, giving Celeborn no time to accept or decline his presence. Celeborn was surprised at Lord Elrond being here. He wasn't exactly pleased, but he was amazed.

"What brings you here to Lothlorien, Lord Elrond of Rivendell." asked Galadriel politely.

"I have come to have a word with the lord and lady of Lothlorien." replied Lord Elrond.

"You may speak." said Galadriel.

Lord Elrond took another step forward and took a minute to collect his words. Celeborn stared him down and waited for him to speak. The silence and pausing of Lord Elrond only made Celeborn more anxious.

"I have come to ask for Celebrian's hand." started Lord Elrond. "From the first moment of the first day that I saw her, I fell in love with her. I asked you if I would bring her back to Rivendell to get to know her a little better, and that I did. I have fallen in love with your daughter."

Celeborn was not pleased with this information. Galadriel turned to her husband and squeezed his hand. She wanted to Celeborn to be kind to Lord Elrond when he would give him his answer. Celeborn knew that by that hand squeeze, was his wife's answer. But Celeborn did not answer right away. He thought about Lord Elrond's offer. Then he stood up, letting go of his wife's hand, and walked down the steps. He was heading toward Lord Elrond. But Lord Elrond did not budge or move. He remained standing tall, holding his ground. Celeborn stopped on the floor that were at the end of the steps. He stared at Lord Elrond, trying to break his confidence, but he never did.

"I will never like you, Lord Elrond

"I will never like you, Lord Elrond." said Celeborn. "Because I know that you have stolen my daughter's heart and I know that it will forever stay with you."

Galadriel smiled down at her husband. He had just given Lord Elrond his answer. And his answer was a yes, to marry his daughter. Lord Elrond remained silent, but smiled a little smile. He was pleased and relieved that Celeborn had agreed.

"Celebrian is in the garden, you may go there." said Celeborn.

Lord Elrond did not waist any time. He headed to the garden, so he could propose to Celebrian, the only girl who had all of his love in Middle Earth. Celeborn then walked back up to his chair and sat next to his wife. He took her hand in his again and kissed it gently.

"I'm so proud of you." said Galadriel.

"Me too, me too." whispered Celeborn.