Chapter 10

Celebrian knew that she had to go back home now, even though she didn't want too. She didn't want to leave for specific reasons. First, Rivendell was a place that she could be herself and relax. And the other reason was because of Lord Elrond. Celebrian knew that she loved Lord Elrond. He was different from other elves, and not just because he was half-elf. He treated her kindly and cared for her in the most unbelievable of ways. But since her time had ended in Rivendell, Celebrian wasn't happy. She didn't want to leave, but she must. She had an agreement with her parents and she didn't want to disobey them. She was already two days late.

Celebrian was saddling her horse up, and packing her belongings in her bags for the ride home. While she was packing, Lord Elrond joined her in the stables. He walked over to her and helped her with the saddle.

"Allow me." said Lord Elrond.

Celebrian smiled and stepped back to give Elrond some room to tack her horse. She simply watched as he put on the saddle and the bridal. She was going to miss him so much. When he was done tacking, he turned to Celebrian. He took her hands in his, while he looked into her eyes.

"I am going to miss you, Celebrian." said Lord Elrond.

"I know I will miss you too." replied Celebrian.

Lord Elrond kissed Celebrian on the lips, while they remained holding their hands in each others. When they were kissing, Lindir, Lord Elrond's informants and friend came in. Celebrian and Lord Elrond stopped kissing each other. Lord Elrond looked over at Lindir, who looked like he was in a hurry.

"What is it, Lindir?" asked Lord Elrond.

"Hir vuin (my lord), Celeborn is and he is asking for you and hiril vuin (my lady) Celebrian." explained Lindir.

Lord Elrond and Celebrian looked at each other. Then Celebrian ran out of the stables, with Elrond following behind her. She didn't know why her father was here, except for the fact to make sure she was okay since she didn't return on time. They both slowed their pace down when they came to the courtyard.

Celebrian was shocked at what she saw. She saw her father and many Lothlorien soldiers. Lord Elrond was confused instead of being shocked. Why were their soldiers?

"Ada (father), what is going on?" asked Celebrian.

Her father heard her voice, so he turned his horse around and rode over to Celebrian.

"Where have you been?" asked her father. "Don't you know that you were supposed to be home two days ago?"

"No ada (yes fahter), but I-" started Celebrian.

She was interrupted by her father.

"I gave you a date to be home; therefore, you need to be home on that date Celebrian."

Celebrian lowered her head. She was in trouble with her father for disobeying their agreement. Lord Elrond knew what was the matter, so he walked over to Celebrian and her father. Celeborn; however, stared Lord Elrond down as he came over to them.

"Celeborn, I fear that it was my fault for convincing Celebrian to stay." added Elrond to the conversation.

"It does not matter, Elrond. Celebrian should have been home no matter what." replied Celeborn.

Lord Elrond felt bad. He had just gotten Celebrian in trouble with her father, and there was nothing he could do about it. Celebrian remained standing with her head facing the grown. Her father told one of the guards to go grab her horse and bring it here. A few minutes later, the guard showed up with her horse. Celebrian mounted her horse, and rode off with her father and the soldiers. She didn't want to look back at Lord Elrond because it would only make her feel worse. So she looked forward and rode home with her father.