Part 10

Chapter 10

“Chère, wake up.  Chère,” a voice mumbled in her ear, causing her to shift in her sleep.

“Call her by her name,” Aidirian mumbled.

Daryn chuckled.  Brushing the hair around her ear away, he leaned forward.  “Wake up, Celeste.  We have some planning to do.”

Her eyes opened, and immediately narrowed in a glare.  Something about being woken up always bothered her.  Waking up on her own, that was fine.  Having an alarm wake her up, that was also fine, but having someone shake her awake made her cranky.  “What?” she snapped.

“Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed,” Daryn said while leaning away from her cautiously.

She sat up on the loveseat and rolled her eyes.  “It’s called a loveseat, and I didn’t wake up on the wrong side, I was woken up on the wrong side.”

“Told you that you should have woke her,” Daryn mumbled while jumping to his feet.

Aidirian shrugged his shoulders at Daryn.  “I won fair and square.”

“Who would have thought you would throw rock instead of paper.”

Celeste tried to stop the small chuckle from escaping her lips, but it was useless.  They both glanced at her with smiles on their faces.  “What is the plan?”

Daryn sat down on the bed with all the grace that came with his kind, and Aidirian walked towards her.  Tapping on her legs, she lifted them and let him slide under.  He settled her legs on his lap then turned towards her.  “There are more Nephilim than we thought.”

“Since there are more,” Daryn continued, “we are going to get together a little group of sorts.”

“What kind of group?” Celeste asked with growing concerned.

Aidirian slipped her shoe off her foot and began kneading it.  “The kind of group that has more of our people in it than yours.”

“Meaning?”

Daryn jumped to his feet with a smile.  “I’m going to get a band of bad brothers together, and we are going to end this.”

Aidirian looked at her with a raised brow.  “Does he always talk like that?”

“Only when he gets excited,” she mumbled before turning back to Daryn.  “Are you sure about this?”

“Yeah,” he answered before hesitating, “but they may want something in return.”

“No,” Aidirian said in a demanding tone, “she is not giving them anything.”

“What would I be giving them?” she asked, ignoring Aidirian’s comment.

Daryn let out a sigh before glancing away.  “They will want different things, a favor, your blood, things like that.”

“My blood?” she asked before understanding dawned.  “Antonio is going to be part of this group.”

“Of course he is, but he won’t be one of the ones who ask for your blood.  Other Immortals may, but Antonio views you in high esteem ever since you saved his life.”

“It was no problem,” she said, waving off the remark, “but I am with Aidirian.  I’ll only give them what will not harm me.”

Aidirian’s massage on her foot stopped for a moment before he spoke.  “I’m in too.  You said I have the same energy as her?”  Daryn nodded.  “Good, then they can have some of me too.”