Part 20

Chapter 20

She dropped them in her bedroom, not thinking about the fact that he would be uncomfortable.  The longer he stared at her, though, the more uncomfortable she became.  Why was he staring at her like that?  What had she done to make him give her that odd look?  He pulled back from her, turning his back before facing her once more. 

“Why didn’t you tell me you could do that?”

She frowned at him.  “Do what?”

An angry wave of his hand sent a vase flying into the wall.  When he winced, she realized that he hadn’t meant to do it; it was just reacting with his anger.  “Transport, why didn’t you tell me you could transport.  This entire time, you had me thinking that you couldn’t.  Now, I know that you can.  Why wouldn’t you tell me?”

Eyes turning away from his angry ones, she shrugged.  “It did not seem important at the time.”

A sigh left his mouth.  “Celeste, I just told you I care for you.  What you can do will not make me run from you, but lying to me will.  You keep secrets, and I understand the need for you to, but something this small shouldn’t be kept from me.”

“It’s not small,” she mumbled, glancing back towards him to see the anger in his eyes had turned to sadness.   Taking a step towards him, she stopped when he stiffened.

“You’re right; it’s not small.  Angels can transport themselves, but only if they are higher-ups.  Low class angels have no need to transport themselves anywhere; they simply fly.  I knew you were a powerful angel, your parents were enough to clue me in on that fact, but I hate the fact that you tried purposely hid something so small from me. If we are going to be together, you can’t do things like this.”

She beamed at him, not caring if he was reprimanding her.  “You want to be together?”

“Yes,” he groaned, a smile of his own forming on his lips.  “I would like to be with you.”

Walking towards him, she wrapped her arms around him before hesitating.  “Wait, what do people call it these days?  I have not been on earth for quite some time.  Are you courting me?”

The laugh he let out made her entire body shake as he pulled her closer to him.  “No, we’re dating.  You’re what they call my girlfriend, and I am your boyfriend.”

“Oh,” she mumbled, pressing her face into his chest as red covered her face.  He didn’t let her hide long though.  Pulling back from her slightly, he lifted her chin with his finger.  As he smiled down at her, she could feel herself falling under his spell.  Could Jinn cast love spells?  She had read somewhere that it was against their code, but was there a better way to describe what she was feeling?  No, she was definitely under his spell.

His mouth descended on hers, brushing across her lips, but not stopping for a kiss.  How could something so light feel so good?  She felt as if he had pushed an electric current throughout her whole body, had scorched her lips.  Pulling away from her, he smiled. “That’s magic.”

Chuckling, she dropped her forehead to his chest.  “What am I going to do with you?”

“Feed me, water me, and hopefully throw me a bone every once in a while.”

She pinched his side, making him jump in surprise.  Laughing at him, she leaned back, ready for a real kiss, but just as her luck always was, a knock at the door interrupted anything Aidirian may have said or done.

“Yes?” she called out, unwilling to move from the warmth Aidirian’s body radiated.

“I could feed off the sexual energy emitting from your room,” Daryn purred on the other side of the door.  “If you don’t come out here quick, I’m coming in.  Oh, and Star and some others are here.  Come out decent.”

Her arms dropped from Aidirian, but he snagged her hand before she could pule completely away.  Rubbing small circles into her hand, he leaned towards her ear.  “Don’t let him bother you,” he whispered, his voice making her want to forget about the others downstairs and finish where they left off.  “He’s just trying to get a rise out of you.”

“Someone’s getting a rise!” Daryn yelled before laughing at his own joke.

Growling, Aidirian tugged her towards the door, annoyance clear on his face.  As he pulled the door open, a shocked Daryn fell through.  He looked up at the two of them, a sheepish grin on his face.  “It was the only way I could think of to get the two of you back from your bonding time.  We have company, company that is looking for a little bit of payment, if you know what I mean.”

“Send your succubus to the room,” Aidirian snapped, walking towards the stairs.  “If you could feed off the energy in the room, so can she.  I’ll take care of Dracula.”

“Feisty,” Daryn whispered to Celeste while wiggling his eyebrows.  “You always liked take charge men, chère.  Be sure to keep this one on a leash though.”  Humor sparkled in Daryn’s eyes, making her eyes narrow. 

She didn’t have time to argue with him though as she walked down the stairs with Aidirian.  As they reached the bottom, Celeste realized that there was another guest, one that Daryn didn’t warn them about, one that creeped her the hell out.

Aidirian froze, and she stopped beside him, unsure of how to deal with the situation in front of them.  The fae girl bounced on her feet, looking happy to be there, but Celeste knew what waited just beneath the surface for that fae, death.  “What are you doing here?” Celeste asked, not waiting for Aidirian to start his own questioning.

The fae looked towards her, a smile on her face.  “We had heard that there was a breach in the contract, something that should not have happened.  I am here to clear things up a bit.”

“And where are your keepers?” Aidirian asked, looking around for the other two.

She smiled, showing off perfectly pointed teeth.  “At home; it’s just me.”

“And who may you be?” Celeste asked, raising an eyebrow at the woman, hoping she would provide a name.

She bowed, making her green hair fall about her face.  “Innocence at your service, Miss.”  She lifted her head, glancing around the room in happiness.  “Tell me, is the fighting over?  Did you keep any prisoners that may need to be tortured?  I have a great torturing technique.”

“I am sure you do,” Aidirian mumbled, wrapping an arm around Celeste’s shoulder before pulling her closer to his body. 

Celeste smiled over at him, liking the way he wanted to protect her before shaking her head at Innocence.  “The fighting is over, and we do not keep prisoners.”

The woman pouted, the gesture more childlike than anything.  An uncomfortable silence met the room as they all waited for what was to come next.  Someone let out a sigh.  “If no one is going to ask, than I will,” Drake said, taking a step towards the fae woman.  “Why in the hell is your name Innocence?”

She frowned at him before shrugging.  “I quite like it.” Her voice dropped, as her head cocked to the side.  “Why, do you not like it?”

If vampires could be frightened, Celeste would bet money that Innocence would be the one to do the scaring.  As Drake took a step away from the woman, Celeste knew she was right.  She couldn’t fault the man.  Truth be told, she found the fae more than just a little bit unsettling. 

“I just remembered an appointment I have,” Drake mumbled, turning towards Celeste with a smile that showed off his fangs.  “I think it is time for my payment so I may leave.”

She took a deep breath, sliding out from underneath Aidirian’s grip.  Walking towards the man, she tilted her head to the side, baring her neck.  “Be quick,” she whispered, stopping in front of him as she waited for what was to come.

***Thanks to OneNightGirl for the name Innocence! And the new cover is by Platypus1987 :)  I just really like the ring, haha.  Thanks for reading everyone!***