Part 9

Chapter 9

Celeste leaned forward, their lips barely touched before she felt him begin to drain her energy.  Reaching out blindly, she grabbed Aidirian’s hand.  She needed the support, whether it was for physical or mental strength, she needed it.  He squeezed her hand in comfort as Daryn deepened the kiss.  His tongue darted out, licking her bottom lip, but she kept her mouth firmly close.  She was not stupid enough to give him more than what they had bargained for.

His kiss yanked at the energy stored deep in her body until she could feel herself become lightheaded.  That was enough, this was exactly the stopping point that they agreed on.  Before she could even protest to his kiss, he pulled back from her with a gasp.  His chest rose and fell rapidly, his eyes shined red, and his skin glowed a little on the edges.  “You are the best,” he purred.

She took a step away from him and a step closer to Aidirian.  “It is because of what I am,” she assured.

Daryn shook his head with a hungry expression.  “It is not because of what you are, but who you are.  That soul of yours is pure, chère.  The purest I have experienced in my days.”

“Thank you,” she mumbled, unsure of how to react to his statement.

“Don’t worry, Celeste,” he said in a kind tone. “I would never take more than you asked me too.”

Aidirian yanked on her hand, making her take another step towards him.  “I think that is enough,” Aidirian demanded.  “You’re beginning to freak her out.”

It was true, but how did Aidirian know?  “I can handle myself,” she said, attempting to summon up some anger, but it fell flat.

“We both know you can,” Daryn said, “but the jinni is right.  I should not be taunting you after you gave me such a wonderful gift.  So pure, so delicious that it melts in your mouth.”  She sent him a disgusted expression, causing a sheepish smile to cover his face.  “Sorry.”

She shrugged.  “It is quite alright.  Now,” she began, “tell me what I want to know.”

“About what?”

She narrowed her eyes at him.  “Do not play with me, Daryn.”

“Believe me, Celeste,” he whispered, the noise still reaching her ears, “if you would play with me, we wouldn’t be here now.”

“Daryn,” she snapped, “enough.  Tell me what you know about the Nephilim.”

He threw his hand over her mouth with a glare.  “You know better than to speak their name in a place like this.  Meet me in the red room.  I’ll be back there in ten minutes.”

Opening her mouth, she bit his hand slightly in warning.  Instead of drawing back as she thought he would, he just smiled with an evil glint in his eyes.  “If you can bite, I get to bite back.”

Aidirian’s hand snaked out, pulling Daryn’s from her face.  “We’ll be in the back room,” Aidirian said in an even voice.  “If you are not there in ten minutes, we leave and I deem you oath breaker.”

Celeste looked at him with a confused expression, but by the scowl on Daryn’s face, the man obviously knew what Aidirian was speaking of. “I will be there in six,” he mumbled while turning his back on them and heading back into the crowd.

Aidirian grabbed her hand and tugged her towards the doors next to the bar.  They slipped past the guard with a small smile and walked down the halls.  It was easy to distinguish which room was which by the doors.  The red room was identified by the red door and etcetera.