Chapter 12

Finally. Finally I had her in my arms. Cradled in a ball, sleeping. This had been the best day in my life. She accepted me. We will be happy.

'I know who I want now... You' the words rang in my head making my wolf wag its tail furiously. There's is no words to describe how happy I am. Nothing could ruin this euphoria.

The moonlight caught her hair in a way so stunning I couldn't help but stare. Beautiful little mate. I leant down kissing her forehead, and finally letting myself relax a bit more. I slunk deeper in the covers of m-our bed, and held her to my skin, her warmth spreading between us both. She snuggled closer, a absent smile faintly trailing her lips.

I inhaled deeply, soaking in her scent, the other scents invading my nose as well. The oaky scent of outside, the piney scent of pine ones scattered amongst the forest floor. But there was one scent I didn't recognize. What was that scent? It smelt masculine, wolfy, and it clearly had the scent of another pack. Which one? I inhaled again, attempting to memorize this persons scent.

'Paolo?' I linked out to one of the boarder patrol, but came up with a dead line. Something's wrong.

My wolf began to growl lowly as if felt another presence. In fact, I could see the window it was slightly ajar. Whoever it was broke into my room, and I was awake! I was so lost in my mate... I growled lowly in warning.

"Show yourself, mutt." My voice was crisp and rumbly.

I was even more pissed when I heard a low chuckle. My head snapped around searching. Where is he? That damn mutt!

"Why would I have to?" The man replied, a amused tone in his voice.

Bella began to whimper as if she was suddenly having a bad dream, "No!" She cried out, her eyes shooting open. Tears in the corners of them. "You made her cry!" The voice yelled, its sound becoming dark illusive.

"M-mi-... No! Wolfe.." She whimpered out my name, showing she clearly feared this voice.

"You are a whore. I was right." My eyes grew black, and I glared around the room. Where was the bastard?! Im going to kill him, "I will get you back, and I will punish you. Don't expect to see the sun when you return. But I promise after a few proper whippings I will override this phony mark, and we can be together. You as my re-" I roared out a monstrous and i shifted, earning a gasp from Bella. Of course I jumped off the bed to prevent from hurting her. "We'll that's my cue to leave. Farewell Bella. I promise to free you." A small teenage boy appeared near the window. How could he be this insane man? I wondered. He seemed so young.

My wolf snarled, wanting to follow out the window, but he couldn't fit. But he did stick his head out snarling menacingly. He watched the boy shift, not before turning back and smirking in his direction. I growled more, louder. The young boy seemed amused, making me growled louder, and then howl as he took off in the trees.

"Wolfe?" Bella whispered from the bed, "Shift back."

_________________________

Bella's POV

Well, the fates hate me don't they? They never seem to give me a chance to be superbly happy. I was happy, but then my mate returned. Erm... Ex-Mate. It wasn't the fact he came that unnerved me. It was the fact if him claiming to want me back. It was the fact the look in his eye was like something you'd see in a insane asylum. It was the fact, my stomach butterflied at the sight of him, even though I don't want him anymore.