Chapter 21

Blinding pain.

That's all I felt.

All I could see.

All I could breath.

Pain.

I revelled into the plain pain placed before me. I bathed in it. It was all i could focus on. It felt like my bones were snapping, and my mind was falling in on itself. Why is this happening? I questioned internally many times. Why? Why? Why?

Then the pain got white hot. It was all over me, it started in my core, and then slowly spread like a bowl of water soaking through a towel.

Then it stopped.

All at once.

I could feel myself, tell what I was. Maybe who I was...

Did I die? Was this death?

All I could see was darkness. Nothing but darkness.

___...____...____...

Wolfe's POV

I followed that bed all the way into the ICUs pregnancy room. Bella laid withering in agony as the only three docors remained in the room now. They sat between her legs, her old clothes now changed into a hospital gown.

She looked terrible. Her eyes were now clamped shut, and tears streamed down her face as she whimpered.

The doctors kept saying "push..." But she couldn't respond.

It felt like years before they said, "I can see the head!"

It seemed like that was the thing to make Bella snap from the trance she was in, being blinded by the pain. I saw her face twist, as she clenched her eyes harder, and made a groan sound. She was pushing.

"Its okay Bella." I whispered to her, still unable to touch her...

The doctors could touch her just fine. As soon as I figured they could, I seethed in the desire to kill the infant responsible. But, not yet.

I shut my eyes. In my head images of a driving pierced through my skull. Flowing blonde hair, and then a bang. My first mate. My eyes shut tighter as I imaged the blood. So much blood.

Then her face, so peaceful. So bittersweet. It looked like she was sleeping in a blanket of her own blood. She was cold.. Stiff... It was almost as if someone had stuffed her full of lead. She was stiff as a board.

Her legs were twisted in such an awkward way. Curled around each other like pretzils the bones peaking out from eat jutting bend.

My eyes flew open.

I did not want that to happen to Bella. I did not want her to be ripped violently from my arms. My head snapped to Bella's legs which were still open, but the doctors were no longer surrounding it. Quickly I looked around the room.

There it was.

It looked like a normal child, as the docotors clensed its face from the blood and guts. It was honestly... Beautiful. My heart swelled before going cold.

I darted over to where the doctor sat with the baby. My hands snapped out and I grabbed it from the doctor holding it.

I raised it above my head, prepping to slam it into the floor.

Then it made eye contact with me.

Large blue eyes stared into mine. They were unwavering. Unblinking. They stared to me in confusion, as if they were saying "why are you doing this" . I opened my mouth to huff out air.

I didn't know what to do. Confusion slammed on me like a wall of rocks. Shoving the baby back into the doctors arms, I went to Bella. Finally I was able to grab touch her.

I grasped her hand, and stared at her. Her eyes were clamped shut. Her mousy brown hair sprawled across her face draped with sweat. She looked terrible.

I was not afraid to admit that.

She looked like she got ran over by a car, once and twice over.

My lips thinned, and ran a hand across her hair to push it out of her face.

Her mouth fell open and she breathed heavily.

Wake up soon.