Chapter 24 - Intervention?

-//- Third Person -//-

Sarafina drove down a quite road, the half-moon was high in the sky, a soft buzz of music came from the car radio. At this very moment she felt calm, at peace. Her emotions weren’t haywire, she didn’t have a burning itch at the back of her throat, she felt... Perfect... Perfectly human. 

But like most things in her life, her peace didn’t last long.

A loud "Ello!" Burst out beside her. 

At the noise, a yelp of panic passed her lips, she swerved onto the opposite side of the road. Quickly, she corrected herself. Turning to the passenger she glowered, her forehead crinkling "Bloody hell Kol! Some of us aren’t dead remember!" She snapped, turning to face the road again with a quick whip of her head.

"Woah..." Kol breathed, a small smirk on his lips "Someone’s extra grouchy today, time of the month?" He asked in a taunting manner. Sara didn’t bother to look at him, but he could see the clench of her jaw and the squaring of her shoulders. A light laugh passed his lips "Sorry, sorry" He breathed, with a shake of his head "But anyway... I heard about your whole predicament" 

Sarafina finally took a tiny glance at him, her eyes dashing to his face before looking to the road once more "Predicament" She repeated. 

Kol nodded slowly, his arms crossed behind his head as he put his feet up on the dash "Yeah, with the whole connected to my brother’s one night stand and the lack of fangs" 

As his words hit her ears her grip on the steering wheel tightened, her knuckles morphing to a strained white colour. A gentle scoff passed her lips "Heard... yeah right" 

Another laugh came from him, in one swift movement his feet were down and his nose gently brushing her cheek bone "Fine, you want me to be honest I was stalking you like the predator I am" His breath was warm on her cheek, the sudden contact made Goosebumps appear on her flesh. Kol noticed and with a heavy breath he pulled back "Sheesh darling, you are much more fun as a vampire" 

Sara gave him a weak smile "I'm just tired, normally I have loads of energy but it’s as if everything is a strain" 

At her words Kol's expression softened dramatically, his hand was gently placed onto her knee "I’ll ask around on the other side, someone might know something"

Sarafina sighed gently, her smile finally reaching her eyes "Thanks Kol"

"You're welcome love"

~

-//- Sarafina's pov -//- 

Pulling up to the boarding house offered me a sense of warmth and familiarity, something I had been craving since the whole New Orleans mishap. Stepping out of my car I a small yelp instantaneously passed my lips as a blonde figure appeared a foot away from me, a hand clasping my heart I scowled playfully at Caroline "Seriously?" I questioned with a raised brow.

She grinned down at me, linking her arm with my own she practically pulled me towards the house. Her steps quick, telling me she was a lady on a mission. The moment we stepped down onto the hard wood flooring she was gone in a blur of speed. I laughed lowly under my breath, hands placing themselves into my pockets I wandered to the library being able to catch Caroline’s demanding words "Where is she? I want to see her"

Stefan let an almost amused smile flutter on his lips, but his expression was tired. Elena's whole no emotion thing was taking its toll on him, I could tell. As he walked further towards them his green eyes locked on me, eyes softening as he supplied me with a gentle smile. His eyes then moved back to Caroline "We're not letting anyone see her. That's the whole point. Isolation leads to misery, leads to emotion" He explained to her, though I knew he was speaking to me as well.