Chapter 20 - Not yet anyway

-//-Third Person-//- 

"Where are you off to?" 

Sara froze at the voice, glancing over her shoulder she came to see Caroline watching her from the lounge. A bag in one hand as she was attempting to tidy the house from the party the night before, her nose was scrunched up in irritation from what she was doing, but curiosity flashed in her eyes as she looked over to the blue eyed vampire. 

Sarafina offered her a tiny smile, as she replied honestly "New York"

Caroline scoffed, rolling her eyes and placing her free hand on her hip "Why? Oh please don’t tell me Damon’s persuaded you to go down there with him and Elena" She whined, slanting her head in question. 

"Guilty" Sara chimed in a sing song voice.

Caroline sighed shaking her head, she glanced around herself the room was a complete mess. Turing back to her best friend she asked in a whiny tone "Well you could help clean first, considering you bailed last night!" She scolded, eyes narrowing at her. 

Sarafina clenched her jaw, this was not what she wanted to do right now. She had places to be and people to see, she smirked at herself. Quickly remembering where she was, she sighed nodding her head whilst rubbing the back of it "My bad I can catch up with them later" She muttered, with a nonchalant shrug. 

Caroline smiled happily, glad she wasn’t the only one that was on clean up duty. The two girls started to clean the lounge, picking up discarded cups as they went. Caroline paused, picking up a half filled cup. Looking to Sara she frowned as she asked "Why are you going anyway, I thought you were pissed at Elena" 

Sarafina nodded "Oh I am, I’m going for Damon..." She paused, thinking quickly as she added "You know he needs backup" She added another shrug, helping to sell her lie. 

Caroline nodded "Well I say Elena can go to hell, if she didn’t throw this party I wouldn’t be here cleaning up all of this crap!" She growled, throwing her arm out indicating to around her. Clicking her tongue she put the cup to her lips and downed it. 

"Desperate times I take it" Came a cool amused voice. 

The two girls turned to see Klaus standing in the door way, his arms hung loosely at his side, head tilted a few inches to the right, analysing them both. 

Caroline's face contorted into disgust whilst Sara's stayed mutual. Caroline glowered over at him "What are you doing here?" She asked harshly, a slight hiss to her voice. 

Klaus grinned, flashing his teeth "Not judging you for starters, although if you are determined to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary..." His eyes wandered around the room, and it wouldn’t take a genius to know that a party had occurred. 

Caroline looked at him as she downed another drink. Klaus laughed lowly, moving more into the room circling around the two girls "Well, then. You showed me"

"Shouldn't you be out chasing Tyler to the ends of the earth?" Caroline snapped, making a small flinch hit Sarafina's face. But neither of the two noticed as Caroline spoke again "Or are there some hopes and dreams you want to crush around here?" 

Klaus shrugged his shoulders "Depends. Do you happen to know where the young Brutus is?" 

Caroline looked away from him, her once angry expression softened to a sad one "I know where he's not... with me. He gave Matt the deed to the house, so he's gone for good" 

Sarafina watched as Klaus's face softened at Caroline, he sighed stepping closer to her "Tyler made it his life's mission to kill me. You can't hate me for driving him away" He said, trying to reason with her.