Chapter 23 - One day

-//- Third Person -//- 

"So Milday can I have this dance?" His voice was deep and alluring, each word came out as if it was covered in honey. 

Sarafina flushed at the intensity that he stared at her, his eyes drawing her in, the cool blues were mesmerising, how they analysed everything, any little detail he would take note of. It excited her and terrified her, two emotions she found she felt often around the older vampire. Swallowing heavily she slanted her head to the side a weak smirk flourishing onto her lips "How can I say no to that?" She had wanted her tone to be snarky, but her words only came out in soft hues. 

His face brightened to a beam as she placed her hand into his, a shy bashful smile on her face. As he gently pulled her towards him he bent his head down to the side of her head "You can’t" He whispered his breath fanning across the nape of her neck. 

Once again the brunette swallowed heavily, fearing she didn’t have the coordination at the moment she allowed him to lead her in a dance across the driveway. She couldn’t help but think as if they were in a movie, the warm orange glow from the house to the side, the moon and stars glittering above, and her, with a man, she never thought would give her any happiness was currently sweeping her off her feet. 

Klaus couldn’t believe his luck, he had appeared at the Lockwood’s house just to see the after party, and of course, to catch another glimpse of the beauty he was holding in his arms. But now, that was not needed, she was here, with him. And he wouldn’t admit it to anyone but that’s all he ever wanted, well of course there was other things he wanted but they were unimportant right now. 

Her arms were loosely wrapped around his neck as his hands fit nicely on the dips of her hips the lace fabric was only covering her skin thinly. And it made him think about what would happen if  the dress wasn’t there, he swallowed, his Adams apple bobbing up and down. He shook his head inwardly trying to diminish such thoughts, but he couldn’t deny that he wanted her, but not just her body, he wanted her, all of her, forever and always. 

He watched as she tilted her head downwards, her top row of teeth biting softly on her plump bottom lip "Thank you" She murmured, looking up at him through her thick black lashes "For not hurting Tyler" She added to clarify what she had meant. 

A look of frustration passed Klaus’s face, a small frown formulating on his features “You want to speak about Tyler right now?” He asked his tone low. 

Sarafina grinned ever so slightly, she felt slightly amused that he took such offence at the question. She knew he obviously thought she was thinking about Tyler, but she wasn’t. She was thinking about how much he had changed, how much he had let her in, of course that wasn’t much but she herself never really let her guard down either. Placing her left hand onto the side of his face she let her thumb caress his chin, the slight stubble scratching her skin but she didn’t think anything of it. “I didn’t mean anything by it...” She whispered, never moving her eyes away from his “I just wanted to say, thank you. It meant a lot to me” 

His shoulders un-tensed, body relaxing once again. A breath taking smile uplifted his face, his dimples completely showing. He bent his head down so his forehead rested against hers “You’re welcome sweetheart” 

~

-//- Sarafina's pov -//- 

A tired yawn passed my lips as I finally entered my home, the sun slowly rising from behind the trees, emitting a soft glow over the small town. Still in my prom dress, I started to slip out of the fabric, half way up the stairs I had to stop so I could pull the dress down and step out of it. Holding it in my arms I carried on my way to my room, on entering the familiar bed room I placed the dress back on its hanger before leaping over to my bed "Tired... Sleep... Bed... Happiness" I cooed dramatically in my pillow.