Chapter 28 - The perfect gentleman

-//- Klaus's pov -//- 

I don’t think I’ve ever moved so fast away from a situation before, running both hands over my face I let out a barely audible groan, that was too close, I almost kissed her... I shook my head, narrowing my eyes at nothing in particular, I couldn’t lose the bet, I wanted her to come to New Orleans, I needed her to...

I started to pace the length of the lounge, my feet making no noise as I wandered backwards and forwards. I was completely lost in my own world, so much so I didn’t hear the bathroom door reopening, or the gentle foot falls fo Sarafina as moved across the lounge to the bedroom door. Though her voice did bring me back as she asked "You okay there?" I could hear the hint of amusement in her voice, it riled me. 

Stopping my walking, I turned to her, a smirk plastered over my face "Just fine sweetheart" I replied smoothly, ignoring the way her hair fell over her shoulder, the remaining water droplets spiralling off the stands and running down her towel covered figure. 

She dipped her head into a nod, the same amused smile on her lips. She leant herself in the door frame, right hand playing with the hem of the towel, her left holding the fabric to her body. "What are we doing for food?" She asked, looking at the ground before looking back up at me. 

Unintentionally I took a step closer to her, a ripple of adrenaline rushing through me as I let my eyes un-shamelessly run over her figure "Are you offering?" 

I watched as she tensed, her eyes widening. She took a small breath as she replied "You can’t touch me remember" Her tone was slow, as if she was trying to convince herself more than me. 

Turning my back on her, I headed towards the window "The restaurant down stairs is supposed to be brilliant" I answered her question, leaning against the wall to look down at the surrounding forest. 

"Do I have to wear a dress?"

A smirk graced my lips at her question, sending her a side long glance I nodded my head in reply. she heaved a heavy sigh, nose scrunching up "I didn’t bring any" she commented dryly, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. 

Pushing away from the wall I turned to face her, sending her a mischievous grin "Lucky for you, I did"

Sarafina's eyebrows rose up at me, a small curve of her lips, transforming her mouth into a smirk "Ohh I didn’t know you swung that way..." She retorted with a flourished wink. 

I scoffed, rolling my eyes "It’s on your bed" I used my right hand to usher her away, which by her hand gesture I received she wasn’t to fond of. Oh well.

~

"Come on love, you can’t take that long" I grumbled as I took back to pacing the length of the lounge, my hands lazily draped behind me, my fingers interlocked. She had been in there for over half an hour, much different to her usual ten to fifteen minutes. 

I heard her grunt insults at me from behind the door, before she said a little louder "I have way more hair on my head then you!"

Rolling my eyes I stopped walking to face the door "Usually you are done in ten minutes..." I countered lazily. 

"That's different I won’t be judged if I look lame back home" 

At her words my brow creased, lips pursing as I made slow steps towards the closed bedroom door "Who’s going to judge you?" I asked curiously, my head slanting in the process. 

A heavy sigh brushed her lips, I listened as her footsteps moved across the bedroom "Everyone, I don’t belong here and it screams out on my face" She grumbled, the door opening abruptly made me take a step backwards. Her hair was pin straight, her fringe twisted round to the side of her face. A white dress floated down to her knees, frilled straps running over her shoulders. She held up two pair of shoes "Okay, what shoes? I don’t know if I should wear the white shoes, but Im wearing a white dress... But would it be to plain? So maybe the gold shoes?" she murmured, seeming to talk more to herself then me.