Chapter 4 - Forgive and forget?

-//- Third person -//-

Sara sat by the bar drumming her fingers against the cool wood, she stared straight ahead of her drifting in and out of a daze. Matt looked over to his friend worry overcoming his face seeing the expression on hers, wandering over to her he stood in front of her seeing she wasn’t even noticing him he started to wave his hands in front of her face.

It took a few moments but she finally snapped out of it looking directly at him with a sheepish smile, he tilted his head slightly “You okay you seem kind of... Down”

She shrugged her shoulders leaning her elbow on the counter placing her chin in her hands replying “I’m just a ray of sunshine don’t worry about me” He frowned rubbing the back of his head “Okay then...” His eyes flickered to a blonde making her way up to them both she placed some keys beside him. Matt raised both of his eyebrows asking “What's that?”

Rebekah flashed him a smile “The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow” Matt scowled slightly pushing the keys back to her “If that's your idea of an apology... You should probably give it to Elena. She's the one you killed” He then turned around walking to the other end of the bar.

“Ouch...” Sara breathed with a laugh. Rebekah turned to her with a glare, before letting a dark smile play on her lips “How’s your brother?” She asked mockingly. Sara’s smile disappeared downing the drink she was just playing with she rose to her feet shoving past the blonde original and walking out the bar without a second look back.

A few seats down on the bar Klaus sat watching them, he narrowed his eyes at how his sister scorned Sarafina. But he couldn’t get into the right now he needed his sisters help walking over to her he stated “You're trying too hard”

Rebekah frowned at him “Last I heard, you were leaving town... forever” He shrugged his shoulders leaning on the bar top “Well, I was. But then I thought to myself, how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here... Bribing the help”

“What do you want, Nik? I thought I was dead to you” She snapped back.

Klaus tilted his head “Things change, Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you” She scoffed rolling her eyes “Doubt that” He raised an eyebrow “No? Well, what if I told you the brotherhood of the five still existed?”

Rebekah’s eyes flashed with a sudden interest “What?” Klaus laughed a smirk appearing on his lips “You see? And like that, bygones. Come on, love. Work to do”

“We don't have anything to do. There is no "we". I don't care about the five, and I don't care about you” Rebekah growled, narrowing her eyes. Klaus put his hand in the air leaning off the bar “As you wish” He then turned away leaving. 

~

-//- Sara’s pov -//-

I could hear my heart thudding in my chest as I swivelled on my heels rotating around my living room my palms had grown sweaty as anxiety and fear pumped through my veins.

“Sara...” My brother’s voice said sounding out around the room making me whimper.

I turned to the left bolting into the kitchen skidding to a stop looking around for him again, I couldn’t understand why he was doing this I had done nothing wrong yet he was torturing me. His voice came out in a whisper behind me “Oh Sara”

I twisted round with a shriek, seeing that he wasn’t there I crept towards the door.

“Come out and play” He whispered in a eerie voice.