Chapter 26 - "This world or my old one"

-//- Sarafina's pov -//- 

I couldn’t believe my big brother was in front of me, I had practically cried all night into his shoulder, I was pretty sure he didn’t want to be holding me with his limited time as a living person again, but when I asked him about it, he said and I quote 'There is nowhere else I'd rather be' And well to say that didn’t make me all warm and fussy inside would be a lie.

Running my tongue over my bottom lip I glanced over at him as we walked through the forest, the sun was creating a nice glow around us, it just added to my good mood. I caught Kyle looking over at me as he came to a stop, perching himself on a fallen log. He grinned, his brown eyes flashing "I can't believe your graduating today" He muttered, surprise evident in his tone, and perhaps a little pride also.

A large grin curled at the corners of my lips, but it didn’t last for long as I slowly realised "Can’t believe your not" I replied, with a slant of my head, brows furrowing as I bite down on my bottom lip.

He deadpanned at me, sending me a pointed look as he groaned "Oh come on"

I laughed, shaking my head at his look, waving my hand at him "I’m just saying, Elena is a bitch" I stated with a nonchalant shrug of my shoulders, a little bit of hate still lingered in my gut for my so called best friend, but since the vampire side of mine had been blocked out, I no longer had the urge to rip her head off, now all I wanted to do was pound her multiple times in the face, with a chair, made of steal.

Before I could voice this idea to him, a snapping of a twig sent my head reeling to the side. Watching in horror as the figure stepped out of the tree line, the brunette man smirked, his chocolate brown eyes flashing with mischievousness, his clothes covered in dirt. His eyes flickered between me and Kyle, before he stated "I utterly agree"

I took a deep breath, watching as Kyle rose to his feet. Running a shaky hand through my hair I murmured "Kol I thought-"

"What?" He interrupted in a bitter tone, taking a few dangerous steps towards me "That I was buried in the ground by your friend Stefan Salvatore, well yes, I was, but a lot of digging and here I am, no help from you" His tone vibrated into a hiss, his fangs partially bared as he looked at me with accusing eyes.

Kyle instinctively stepped in-between him and I, his own eyes narrowed and fangs bared "Hey, don’t talk to her like that" He growled in a warning tone.

Kol scoffed, eyeing him up. With another step the two males were nose to nose, Kyle glaring whilst Kol smirked. The dead original sneering at him as he countered "Or what mate"

I swallowed roughly watching as the two sized each other up… this wasn’t good.

~

"No, he's very much here Stefan, apparently you didn’t bury him deep enough" I grumbled sourly as I stalked back through the woods, Kyle at my side. Thankfully nothing happened between the two boys, Kol had got a phone call and disappeared into the trees. Which I was thankful for, because I really didn’t want to watch my brother be pounded on.

“Well let’s just add that to the many problems of the day"

Stefan’s voice floated through the phone to my ear, I chuckled gently, shaking my head at his bland and broody tone. No doubt his forehead was creased, his eyes narrowed as he paced backwards and forwards, probably in his living room, with Damon off to the side bourbon in his hand and a smirk on his face, though his beautiful blue eyes would be casted in shadow as anger would start to build up inside of him. I smirked at my thoughts, I really had the Salvatore’s down to a 'T'

Clicking my tongue I murmured back in reply to him "And to think here I thought that I would be able to celebrate graduation like a normal person" My tone was sarcastic and sassy, Kyle chuckling beside me.