Chapter 25 - We have a deal

-//- Sarafina's pov -//- 

"So Elena is back?" 

"Yeah! Stefan said she snapped out of it when she thought Matt died" 

A small intake of breath brushed past my lips, a form of queasiness settling in the pit of my gut "Yeah, I'm personally not all too happy about that" I admitted with another huff of air. 

"Me either, but it worked... Which I'm thankful for"

I had to admit, I was glad it worked too, partially. Before I could reply her voice ran through my ears once more.

"So, when you get your sweet behind out of bed, join us at the grill"

A chuckle rumbled up through my throat, shaking my head as I murmured "Got it, Bye Caroline"

A light giggle sounded out from my bed, dropping my phone into my pocket I turned round, eyes narrowing at the brunette on my bed. She grinned brightly up at me "Poor naive Caroline, she really is the pushover of the group" She taunted, running her index finger along the seam of my pillow. 

I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest "Caroline isn’t a push over, Katherine" I countered, with a roll of my eyes. She continued to grin at me, large brown eyes full of mischief. I wanted her out of my room, I didn’t want anyone knowing that we had spoken. I took a few steps towards my bed "Okay, so onto why I asked you here, I have a plan..." I paused, making sure she was listening "And I think both of us will benefit from it"

Her eyes flared with interest, her hands removed themselves from my pillows as she sat up straight, staring at me with curiosity "I'm listening..." 

~ time skip ~ 

Katherine had positioned herself by my bedroom window, her expression passive as she looked out onto the neighbouring forest. Slowly, a smirk graced her lips, she turned to face me "Well Miss Serri... I do believe we have a deal" 

I smirked back, arms still loosely crossed over my chest. A frown soon made its way onto my face "You understand what I can and can't do right?" I warned her, I couldn’t let people know what I was up to, if anyone found out, they would stop her, that’s for sure. 

"Yes I understand fully well you don’t want your little friends finding out" She replied, opening up my balcony letting a cool breeze dance around my room. She chuckled softly "I have to say I think this plan will go down a treat" She turned her head slightly to look at me from over her shoulder, a sly grin pulling at the corner of her lips "Your almost as vindictive as I am" 

I couldn’t stop the roll of my eyes "I'll take that as a compliment" I muttered sarcastically, my gaze moved over to the clock on my wall "But now I have to go" I turned away from her, grabbing my coat and slipping it on "Have fun doing whatever you do Katherine."

~

-//- Third Person -//- 

Three girls sat on a table situated in the middle of the grill, two brunettes and one blonde. Covering the table was an arrangement of invites and envelopes. Caroline, the blonde, smiled at the both of them, holding out her hand “Stamp, please.” Elena slipped her hand from under the table to grab a stamp, handing it over to her. Caroline flashed another smile “Thank you”

Elena rolled brown eyes, a heavy sigh passing her lips “You don't have to pretend to be nice to me, Caroline. I know this is just a ploy to keep me distracted” She muttered, be it a little sourly. 

Caroline completely ignored the comment, eyeing up the two girls. Elena looked bored, gently prodding the corner of an envelope. Sarafina was concentrating as she span a pen in her fingers, smirking when she managed to get it to twirl continuously for three rounds. The blonde raised her brows “You two are done? I'm only on my second batch”