Chapter 29 - Sissy! - Mark!

-//- Third person -//-

 Sarafina stirred from her sleep, feeling cold and empty. She lay on her side staring at the drawn curtains, the grey light from outside shining through in a dimmed manor. Breathing a sigh she sat up, rolling her shoulders as she swung her feet off of the bed. As her feet touched the ground she heard a movement from behind her, knowing who it would be she muttered "Morning"

Klaus had been lying on his back for a few hours, sleep did not come easy to him that night. His mind was a chaos of worries, he didn’t know how to take Sara's weird behaviour, he wanted to help he just didn’t know how to. As the sun started to raise the brunette wonder stirred beside him. She rose to her feet, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. As her words hit his ears a slight smile quirked at his mouth "Morning sweetheart" He replied smoothly, moving his arms to become a pillow behind his head. "Good sleep?" He questioned, with a tilt of his head. Sarafina nodded her head in reply, raising her own arms up as she stretched out her torso. At her lack of conversation his brow furrowed, moving his arms again he used them to perch himself half up "What time did you want to drive over to your aunts?"

 She finally replied, though it was a bit blunt "The sooner the better" She turned to finally face him, but with the window behind her she was silhouetted, features not being able to be seen. Though her eyes only scanned his face for a mere second, before she turned towards the bathroom, on her way grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Klaus watched her with narrowed eyes, a heavy sigh coming from him as the door clicked behind her. Bringing up his right hand he ran it down the side of his face, dragging his cheek with it giving him a dramatic appearance. "This is going to be one hell of a day" He murmured before collapsing back onto the bed.

-//- Sarafina's pov -//-

"Ready?"

I asked as I walked back out of the bathroom, hair pulled over my left shoulder, fingers twisting the strands as I loosely braided them. Once I was done I looked up and over to him, Klaus was leisurely leant against the window, eyes glazed over as he looked out onto the forest. Though the moment my voice hit the air he was looking at me with and intensity that would usually cripple, but today I was just not feeling it.

The corner of his lips slowly curled up, though the expression didn’t reach his eyes "When you are" He replied, pushing off of the window to take four elongated strides to be my side. His hand hovered by my cheek, the minutest bit of air between our skin "You don’t have to do this" He murmured softly, slanting his head as he looked me over.

I shook my head, taking a step back for fear that I would have leaned into his touch "Yes I do" I confirmed my words with a strong nod of my head. Turning away from him I headed to the door, hearing him follow me was comforting in an odd way.

It didn’t take long to get down to the car, I hadn’t bothered to speak or look up from the moving ground below me. Though I did look up when Klaus opened the door for me, I forced a smile, slipping in and putting on my belt. "11 Meadow walk, Lymington..." I breathed softly to the driver "Thanks" I murmured as I turned my head to look out the window, chin in palm as a gut wrenching sensation hit my gut harshly.

~

"Here we are" The drivers gruff voice brought me back to reality, he glanced at me through the mirror, a slight smile on his face but boredom in his eyes.

I dipped my head, offering him my own smile "Thank you" I muttered as I stepped out of the car, Klaus could handle him, I was in no mood to deal with people, my shield could only bare the hits from my family today.