Chapter Twenty-six Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today

This Chapter is in the POV of the guys again. (Song video in the sidebar to set the tone of this Chapter).

       “Can we trust him?” Micah asked. “What do you mean can we trust him?” Pharaoh retorted. “Don’t even think about going there you too.” Jonah seethed and got up from off of the ground and made her way over to the cot. She put her hair in a ponytail folding her arms dramatically.

       Drew sat next to her and Leo made his way over to the door and pressed his ear next to it. “No one’s there.” He sighed. “What does that mean?” Micah asked. “It means that they’re going to turn Ghost into a fucking Catcher moron.” Pharaoh snapped.

       “That’s it you air bag.” Micah shouted and leaped on to Pharaoh topping him. They began to punch and slap each other. “Stop it you two.” Drew yelled. Pharaoh blew out a strong burst of air from his mouth and Micah went sailing into the ceiling only to come crashing right back down next to Pharaoh who had rolled over to avoid any collision. “Good one.” Micah groaned.

       Leo shook his head. “This isn’t solving anything if we stay here fighting each other.” Leo said. Pharaoh rolled over on his side and folded his arms. Micah did the same. Drew got up from next to Jonah and started her hands on fire. She stood in between the gap of her two friends and got on her knees. “Who wants to get fried first?” She asked holding her hands over them.

       Micah and Pharaoh both sat up now staring wide eyed at Drew’s fire blazing hands. “This is a part of the damn plan. How dear you Micah for talking wrongly of Ghost?” She said. He frowned and looked over at Jonah. She only rolled her eyes and looked away.

       Pharaoh smirked and Drew shoved her hand in front of his face. The fire blazed in front of him showing all of his features in the dimness from the torches. “You changed. I don’t know what’s gotten up in your head, but the Pharaoh I know wouldn’t be speaking so harshly.” She said. He sighed and bit his bottom lip.

       The boys both faced each other now and sighed. “I’m sorry Pharaoh.” Micah began. “So am I.” Pharaoh replied. “What’s been up with you lately?” Micah asked. The question caught Leo’s attention and he joined Drew who sat an inch away from the two. Jonah’s attention was also drawn.

       “You’re going to want to eat while I tell you. A story is best delivered and received when the stomach is full.” He grinned. Leo smiled because he remembered saying something similar to Ghost back at the resort before they rained with each other He grabbed the tray and everyone took a coconut bowl. Each had diced fruit inside. “We’re waiting.” Jonah said.

       Pharaoh cleared his throat and began. “I was telling Ghost earlier today how I’ve never been strong; I’m weak.” He started. Drew’s jaw dropped. “You’re kidding me right?” She asked with a giggle sipping from the steel cup. He frowned and she pouted. “Come on dude, quit joking around.” Micah chuckled. Leo put his hand on Micah’s arm and he sighed.

       “I’m scared that we’ll never get off of this island. I’m scared that one of us is going to die. Marcus isn’t here anymore and it’s painful. Ghost shut off his emotions somehow.” Pharaoh confessed. “Shut off his emotions?” Leo asked. “He wasn’t even frightened at the sight of seeing the Supernatural being made into a Catcher.” Pharaoh confessed. Jonah’s eyes went directly to Leo. “Is that possible to be immune?” She asked him.

       Leo began to think. “He is a Minder. It could be possible. There are so many things Ghost can do that we find out gradually.” He replied. “You’re right, but that doesn’t mean we judge his character and his intentions.” Drew spoke up. “She’s right you guys. The kid has got major spunk. He’s the only one I know that can crush the living crap out of a Catcher and besides he’s never hurt any of us on purpose.” Micah pitched in.