Chapter Three The Opener

SONG VIDEO IN THE SIDEBAR TO GO WITH THE FIGHT :)

That morning I woke up to find that I was lying in the arms of Marcus. “Good morning sleepy head.” He stretched and I smiled shyly getting up off of the bed shaking out my legs. “You okay?” he asked. I nodded at him while he took me by the arm. “We’ve got to get you well fed and suited.” He instructed. “Why?” I questioned raising an eyebrow at him. “Your Opener is at noon.” The suspense was heavy in his voice. My eyes widened and I let him guide me by the arm back to our room where it was a mess.

       He went over to the closet where he pulled out an outfit bag and told me to go freshen up. I did so and then came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist. As he turned around and noticed my appearance, the water dripping off of me, his mouth widened and he stammered back. “Uh here’s your outfit. It’s like a work out suit; the comfortable type. It has the color purple which is our ability color and our Minder sign.” He informed. I unzipped the bag and stared at our ability sign on the back of the purple athletic top which was a tight fit to our upper elbows in sleeve and right below our belly buttons with a pair of black jogging tights. I put on my own personal boots because the ones they provided were hideous.

       “Lets get you something to eat now.” He said as he stepped out of the bathroom dressed and ready. I stared at his posture and I bit my bottom lip as he walked pass me and we headed to the cafeteria. Eyes darted my way and people I didn’t even know were making small talk. Marcus stopped a couple of times and chit chatted then we finally got to the cafeteria where everyone littered.

       I just grabbed a tray and then chose the items I desired to stuff my face with. We sat at a booth over by a window where Will and Jade sat. Another girl and guy who made their way over to us were introducing themselves as Melissa and Gregory Platt. Will, Marcus and Jade knew who they were already. Both brother and sister, oh yeah, twins. They were fires. I came to the realization now that everyone wore their outfits and each identified what ability they had. “Ghost…” Melissa started, I looked up at her as she talked, “…good luck because you’re facing my brother and I in your opener with some other Supernaturals.” She winked at me.

       I gave her a nervous smile as her brother put an arm around me. “You’ll do great.” He smiled and he got my hopes up just a bit. I felt eyes on me as we made our way to the big dome. “This is where the action takes place.” Will smiled and he and Jade made their way into the stands while Marcus walked me to the arena gates. “Just remember what I told you. Breathe, you’re in control.” Marcus smiled holding my face in his hands. For a second I thought he was going to kiss me. I stared at his caramel complexion then into his eyes to find they were just beautiful. “Thanks.” I said shyly as Headmaster Galen made her way over to us.

       She put a hand on Marcus’s shoulder and he smiled at me then nodded at her and went off into the stands with our other friends. “Anything goes out there.” She smiled. “Give it your all and whatever happens is for the best.” She said smiling at me. It almost sounded as if she had wanted me to fail. I shook off the feeling and turned around facing the see through gates at the sight of the fighting area and the bits of audience that was in my line of vision.

       “Good afternoon Supernaturals. Welcome to the official Opener of Ghost our new addition here at Supernatural Abilities.” Headmaster Galen’s voice rang over an intercom. The doors opened and I hesitated a bit making my way out into the exposure and the whole school inhabitance staring down at me. Screams and shouts erupted around the arena and I smiled shyly as I turned around and caught a hold of Marcus’s eyes. He smiled and waved and I returned it.

       “Supernaturals get ready, set GO!” Headmaster Galen yelled into the intercom and it went silent for a few seconds. I stood there with my eyes closed concentrating and breathing before I opened them to find a fire ball heading straight at me. I held my hands in front of me and it stopped. The crowd began to scream in applause. I moved ahead of the ball and saw Melissa and Greg running towards me. Melissa got a hit on my shoulder and I grunted when I felt a tear; it was bleeding. They were a distances away when they began to come at me again. I ran towards them and a few inches before we collided I slid on my knees between them and then jumped into a side flip blasting them from the back with my telekinesis.