Chapter Sixteen To Strike, or Not To Strike

As Leo and I sat together staring out at the islands across the water someone cleared their throat from the back of us in aggravation. I turned around quickly at the sound and saw Marcus standing with the others. “Hey, you guys must be Jonah, Micah, Pharaoh and Drew.” Leo started shaking each of their hands. Then he landed on Marcus. “Marcus Kent.” He said holding his hand out. Marcus looked down at his hand and took it challengingly and shook it.

       “Who’s that guy?” Drew asked making her way over to me as I stood up. “Glad you asked Drew, this is Leo Tice an Electric. He said he followed us all the way from Tempe in suspicions that were today proven true.” I said with a smile on my face bumping our shoulders together. We giggled at each other and as we looked up at the guys we noticed their dagger like eyes staring at us. “Did you fuck him too?” Marcus asked folding his arms.

       Jonah covered Drew’s ears and they shuffled over to the side and Micah and Pharaoh followed. “Marcus I would never do that to you.” I said. “He’s right, he basically kicked my ass today, but we’ve compromised. A good story always eases the tension.” Leo cheered. How could he be so peppy when Marcus was obviously serious and could at any second blast his ass? “Babe please, you know me better than anyone.” I said filling the gap between him and Leo. I turned around and ushered Leo away and he nodded heading over to the guys.

       Marcus kept his arms folded. “You believe me don’t you?” I asked. He smiled, “Yeah I believe you. I used my deception powers and you were truthful the whole time.” His smile turned into a grin. It made me chuckle and I hugged him. His arms went around my waist slowly with purpose and then a nice long warm kiss was shared.

       “I say we invade the island tomorrow early in the morning.” Pharaoh said using his powers in frustration to blow the covers off of the bed. “Sorry.” He said afterwards. “I feel you dude, I’m anxious also.” Micah implied. I pouted at them as I sat in the presence of Jonah and Drew. Marcus and Leo were chatting and to my surprise they were getting along.

       As I finished my story about the new technique I learned Marcus and Leo joined us again. “We need more training and it’s only best that we take a few more trips before we take on the Catchers. Jonah and Drew needs to learn how to minimize the amount of power they use. Pharaoh needs to learn stamina and Micah needs to learn how to not be so full of pride.” Marcus said clapping his hands together. Leo nodded his head then winked at me. I smiled as he began talking. “In the meantime while we’re preparing, it’s only fair that we go visit a couple of teachers who are very masterful with each of your abilities.” He finished. 

       Pharaoh jumped into the air in excitement and he ran outside doing push-ups. “Are they reliable?” I asked. Leo looked at me with an assuring smile. “They are older and wiser.” He answered. “Sounds like we’ll be listening to some Monk talk about how life revolves around rice.” Micah whined and we giggled at his humor at a time like this. “Tomorrow morning we’ll be visiting a woman in New York. She holds the Air ability.” Leo said. Pharaoh cheered and jumped around and Drew threw a fire ball at him knocking him off his feet and we laughed.

       The night had engulfed the sky and the earth and everyone was off in their rooms. Leo was rooming with the guys and like before I remained with the girls. Jonah stared wide eyed at me and I used my powers to make her fall back on the bed.

       “Let us have it bitch.” She started getting back up. “What are you talking about?” I asked gathering my feet to my chest. “You and Leo, that’s what she means.” Drew pitched in rolling her eyes as she straightened her hair. “Nothing major happened guys.” I whined. “Yeah right and Micah licked my nipple.” Jonah said sarcastically. Drew’s face was flushed now and she stared at Jonah.