Chapter Twenty-five Gruesome Transformation

We were all awoken the next morning; this time with no shackles. Food was given to each of us and then Jonah and Drew were taken. “Should we be worried?” Pharaoh asked. Micah bit his bottom lip in frustration and I answered looking at the remaining guys. “No, they wouldn’t try anything extreme.” I answered standing.

       The Catchers who guarded us were attentive now. “Don’t get your panties in a knot.” I teased. Leo stood next to me and so did the others. “What’s the plan?” Pharaoh asked hesitantly. “Calm down dude.” Micah scoffed shoving Pharaoh and he frowned. “There is none.” I said softly and then they all stared at me in complete confusion.

       I sat back on the cot. “We need to find out how their operating.” I continued. “I don’t want to see anyone’s brain being ripped out again.” Pharaoh whined. “Okay dude I’m going to need you to cut the whining out.” Micah said. “We’ve got to get over our fears. The more we neglect having to get through certain things, the longer we’re here.” Leo said.

       He realized what I had also. The door opened up now and our friends were thrown inside. They hugged each other tightly. Jonah’s face was gray and Drew’s eyes stared horrifyingly off into the distance. “What did you do to them?” Pharaoh asked from next to Drew’s side. One of the Catchers smirked then grabbed up Micah and Leo.

       I nodded at them both and they sent an understanding smile. Pharaoh was freaking out and I went over to his side and patted him on the back. “Take a few breaths and calm yourself.” I said slowly. His shoulders deadened and his gaze went to the sand below us.

       “Everything’s going to be alright.” I said to him. “I’ve never been strong you know.” He started. “What do you mean?” I asked. “I was always looked down upon and pushed around. I may look like a tough guy, but I’m not. I cry a lot at night and now I realize that it’s getting worse.” He sighed, a tear falling from his eye.

       My mouth was gaped open in shock. “Well you’re a pretty good actor because I’ve believed the role you’ve been playing.” I giggled. He snickered a bit and then frowned. “Pharaoh, if you know what it is your aim is why do you let your fears keep you back?” I asked. His eyebrows crinkled together in a hardline as he tried to think. “That’s what I thought.” I giggled. “I’m just frightened. Marcus died and everything just changed completely. We’re all over the place with our decisions and I feel like we’re never going to win.” He cried now. Tears streamed down his face and I quickly hugged him up and he began to whimper.

       His arms wrapped tightly around me and without knowing I was crying to. I was too close for comfort and it was triggering my empathy. “Why are you crying?” He asked. I shook my head. “No reason.” I answered. He smiled and then I saw something in him change. He had moved aside his fear and was now waiting to face the unexpected.

       The door opened up now and Leo and Micah were thrown in next to the girls who by Pharaoh’s and my surprise were still embracing each other. Micah huddled over to Jonah and hugged her tightly. His face was flushed. Leo was next to Drew and his whole body language was different. He was in fright also.

       “It’s your turn.” The Catcher who was delivering us back and forth smirked. He grabbed me on one of his shoulders and Pharaoh the same. “I can walk you know.” Pharaoh whined. I giggled and the Catcher swirled around quickly causing Pharaohs head to hit mines. We groaned and I smacked the Catcher on the butt. “Be gentle.” I teased. Pharaoh chuckled and the Catcher grunted and continued on.

       We were taken to another part of the island where in this area only had one hut. “Sit them down.” Katherine’s voice demanded. “Strap them.” My dad’s voice picked up. A clear glass was before us and in no time Katherine didn’t hesitate to show her ugly face. She stood in the gap between me and Pharaoh. I could just imagine the smirk on her face.