Chapter Seventeen We need a Resolution

“This is worse than I thought.” Leo complained pacing back and forth in the girls and I room. Marcus and Drew were retrieving my grandmother from the safety of the manager of the resort and I chatted with the rest of the gang.

       “I should have known my father was behind all of this.” I muttered under my breath. “You had no way of knowing.” Jonah reassured me. “It could have been worse Ghost.” Micah began. “Yeah, he could have taken you right then and there.” Pharaoh said. “But why didn’t he?” Leo asked sitting at the foot of the bed.

       I furrowed my eye brow at the question and sank back against the head board. My grandmother came in the room now running over to me embracing me in her arms. “I warned your mother that he was evil.” She said. “Mom knew grand grams?” I asked. She nodded at me and then Marcus made a suggestion. “Ghost do you remember that night you somehow shared that memory with me?” He asked. I nodded and he smiled brightly.

       My grandmother lay in the middle of the bed and everyone stood at her head and touched a section. As I closed my eyes I felt my friend’s energies and I grasped onto them. I somehow projected each of them in my grandmother’s mind and we stood amongst my house in Philadelphia.

       “Is this your house Ghost?” Drew asked. I nodded at her and then a car came pulling up. “That’s my mom’s car guys.” I said to them. I ran up to it and the passenger door opened up; in front of me stood my grand grams, and on the other side my mom. A tear ran down my face as I stared at her and her facial expression became serious. I turned around curious of what she was looking at and there stood my father on the porch.

       “Mom, go inside and get Rayner.” My mom said to my grand grams. Without hesitation my grandmother walked passed my father holding a stare down until she was pass him. My mom walked up to my dad now and they stood face to face. Jonah, Micah and Drew had followed my grandmother inside and the rest of us remained outside. “We’re taking Rayner and leaving. My mom told me what you’re all about and I don’t want that for my son.” She said. He smiled at her and she frowned looking away from him.

       “Listen to me carefully sweetie, no matter how far you take him he will become what he was meant to be.” He replied a snarl in his voice. I felt Marcus’s fingers intertwine with mines and I griped them tight. Leo and Pharaoh stood next to us and listened in. “Why did you think I chose you Reyna?” he asked. He caressed the side of her face and she found herself feeling comforted under his touch. Her eyes fluttered then she smacked his hand away.

       She stepped back and he frowned. “I chose you because you were strong and I knew that with us together we would create something powerful.” He said approaching her again. She looked so small under him. “Mom…” I mouthed. Suddenly, my grandmother came down from off of the porch with a suite case and a little boy trudging trying to keep up behind her. He wore a jean jumper with a white shirt and a pair of high top converse on his feet.

       “Mommy you came.” He cheered; it was me. My grandmother stood next to my mom who held little me in her hands and my dad stood before them. He began to laugh loudly. A gust of wind went sailing around my father before it quickly exploded and sent him flying back in the direction of the porch and a bang was sounded from his body hitting smack into an invisible wall. I watched at my mom and grandmother as they both held an extended hand out towards my father.

       A small smile made its way on to my face now as I watched them enter into the car and then it pulled out and quickly drove off. We watched as my dad reequipped himself and went back into the house closing the door behind him.

       As we woke up out of the memory my friends stared at me now as my grandmother rolled onto one of her sides and fell asleep. “So we’ve come to the conclusion that from the very beginning your father never played clean.” Pharaoh said. “Yeah I’m afraid to even have imagined what would happen if he would have fought back against your mom and grandmother.” Micah said.