Chapter Eighteen Twisted

Marcus and Drew stood on both sides of me and we waited in front of the main lodge as from above the guys put out the fire. They were coming in groups from different directions. Drew ran off to the right of me and Marcus took off to my left pecking me on the lips before leaving me.

As I looked out over the water, there in front of me was my father, making his way up on to the sand. He stood before me now and his presence made mines look weak. "Why are you doing this?" I asked. "I want to rule the world, every part of it!" He shouted. He grabbed me by the throat and lifted me from my feet. "You going to kill me like you did mom?" I managed to say as I fought his one arm that held me up. A glint was now in his eye and he sent me flying through the front doors of the main lodge. I coughed propping myself up on my elbows and watched as he made his way in.

I used an invisible shield and got up making my way behind the managers desk to hide from him. "Your mother was foolish. She should have never left me. You were her weakness Rayner." He shouted. He was throwing stuff around from what I heard. He growled and snarled and parts of the room came crashing down. He stood in front of the desk now and I used my telekinesis to send it flying into him. I got up and got rid of the shield, watching as he went flying out of the window with the desk.

He shot the desk off of him and slowly approached me speaking as he did so. "I should have rethought my plans. Your mother was stronger than I thought. I was down to my last of my power." He started; now just outside the window. "I needed to reproduce because I needed more power. I decided to use your mom and then get rid of her and use you to gain my power back. But it seemed that with her you meant something greater and now you have more of my power than I expected." He finished as the wall around the window crumbled behind him as he was now back inside the building.

If he wanted his power back so bad, he should have used another woman, but not Reyna; my mother. I ran towards him and grabbed him by the throat and repeatedly punched him in the face. He rolled us over and was now on me. His hands wrapped around my neck and I squealed hitting his chest, failing to land a blow. "Give me your powers!" He yelled. I felt my airways closing up and my eyes began to flutter. "No..." I managed to say but then my body went limp and my vision darkened.

Was I dead for good? I heard shuffling around me and again I just wouldn't wake up. "He'll be alright." A voice said. My body was just out of it. I was cold but the air around me I knew for sure was toasty. 'What's going on?' I thought to myself. I was going again. I felt a prick and this time I was out. They must have injected me with something.

It must have been hours I was asleep. My eyes fluttered open and in front of me and to the sides of me was covered in white curtains. I mustered up the might and used my powers to pull them down. Around the room lay my friends on beds. They had scratches, bruises and bandages on them. Thank God no one was in a cast. "Marcus?" I called.

He was next to me. "Jonah, Micah, Drew, Pharaoh, Leo?" I called. They all started groaning. "One more hour mom please there's no school today." Micah whined. It hurt to laugh but I did so anyways. Marcus smiled brightly at me and the others sat up and looked around wildly. "You're back at Supernatural Abilities." A voice said now.

In walked Sophia along with Headmaster Galen. "How did we get here?" I asked. "We don't know. A student reported a group of kids lying out front on the lawn. Medics took action immediately and got you all here." Sophia answered. Galen stared at all of us and then sighed. She was about to leave when I stopped her with my next question, "Where is my mother?"

She turned around slowly and our eyes locked. "That is something that seeks to keep itself in the clouds and I will not brittle my tongue upon it." She replied. "Ghost it's alright, you'll find out sooner or later." Jonah said from across the room. "Nobody ever answers our questions." Drew whined. "Don't worry Drew; we'll get our answers sooner or later." Leo said comfortingly. "I just hope they don't wait until something bad happens to answer them." Pharaoh spoke rolling his eyes sitting back on the bed.