Chapter Fourteen Training

“Marcus we should probably…” I started getting up to find myself in bed. I was in one of Marcus’s t-shirts and my under wear when I spotted Drew and Jonah walking out the door dressed in training outfits from the school. They both wore their colors and I decided to let them go off to avoid questions they might ask. I got ready and then dressed into the outfit. The tights clung to my thighs and were above my knees. The top was a tight fitted purple tank top with the Minder sign on the upper right side of my chest.

       I put on my boots that I usually wore that gave me more room to move about in then made my way to the dining hall. My friends were about to sit when a pair of hands went over my eyes. “Guess who?” the voice giggled. “Baby…” I cheered turning in his hold and kissing him on the lips. “Sorry about this morning. I didn’t want people who take their morning jogs to see us like that.” He smiled with a wink. I giggled as he pulled me by the arm in the direction away from my friends.  

       “Where are we…” and my jaw dropped at the sight of the breakfast that had been prepared for us out on the deck by the rocky shore, “What is this?” I asked. He shrugged and said in reply, “I just wanted to make this morning special for you.” I kissed him on the lips and he pulled out my chair and I sat, then he sat. “You’re such a gentleman.” I giggled. He smiled as our food was brought to us and then we dug right in. “As soon as we’re done training we’ll go scout a distance away from the islands.” He said. I nodded at him as I took a bite into my bagel and my eyes rolled to the back of my head at its delectable taste.

       His leg grazed mines and it sent chills up my spine. I smiled at him and he winked as I took a sip of my orange juice. “Last night was amazing.” He said. “I can see it written all over your face.” I replied. He blushed, “It wasn’t supposed to be so noticeable.” He laughed smacking both hands on the sides of his face. I chuckled at him before our friends now came rushing over in our direction screaming and shouting.

        “You guys ready?” Micah asked with a big smile on his face. I nodded at them. Marcus wiped his mouth and then got up. Jonah bumped our shoulders and giggled at me holding up her hand which had Micah’s in hers. Little Drew was nibbling on a piece of bacon and Pharaoh walked side me with his hand in his jacket pocket that covered his training outfit. As we made our way onto the beach the sun beat heavily on us and the sand. “Okay so we’ll take a jog along the shoreline and then at the end, I’ll get you guys fighting.” Marcus started. We stared at him wildly at the last part. “Each other of course, you can only face people with in the group.” He explained. “But that would leave an odd guy out.” Pharaoh said, Drew nodded in agreement and I folded my arms at him.

       “Okay, so the first two pairs that fight each other, whoever the winner is out of those two pairs, then they will fight each other, and then the winner will fight the odd guy.” Marcus concluded. We all chattered and smiled at the idea. “So let’s take our jog.” Micah smiled clapping his hands together and took off. “What a jerk.” Drew muttered and went after him. Marcus jogged up with Pharaoh and Jonah and I jogged side to side.

       “What were you and Marcus doing last night, because I woke up in the middle of the night to find you absent from your bed? I thought I was going crazy at first but…” “We were taking a walk.” I interrupted her. She nodded mouthing ‘Right’ on her lips and I smiled shyly. “You guys are so slow!” Micah yelled back at us. Drew trailed an inch behind him and Jonah giggled next to me. A smirk began to grow on my face and I froze Micah. In a few minutes we came running by him and I reequipped his motion in time. “Ghost that is totally unfair.” He snapped taking the other side of Jonah. “Says who?” I asked laughing.

       As we neared a clearing on the other side of the beach Pharaoh sat on some rocks and Drew lay on the sand flat on her back panting. Micah and Jonah chased each other around, and I stood off staring out over the water. The sun hit the water beautifully and it made the sight intoxicating.