Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Vic's POV

What could Doctor Hofstader possibly need to talk to me about that my beautiful girlfriend welly couldn't be told along with me?

"Here's victor, come in here." Doctor Hofstader leads me to an office-like room and shuts the door. "Please, sit down." He motions for me to sit. I sit down in a semi-comfortable chair.

"What is this about!?" I plead.

"The results from your bloodwork have come back. How much do you love your daughter Memphis? Please, tell me how you felt when you found out that your girlfriend Welly was pregnant?"

"Um, okay. At first, I didn't want it at all. I didn't feel responsible enough a single bit. Welly got upset with me and ran off to London, her hometown. I eventually came towards the end of her pregnancy and was able to witness the birth of my beautiful child Memphis Shayla Fuentes."

"Mmhmm, mmhmm." Dr. Hofstader writes something down on the salmon colored paper clipped on the clipboard he's holding. "How do you feel now?"

"My little baby, she means the world to me. Is she gonna be okay?" I feel my eyes become moist with tears.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure Memphis is gonna be fine. I'm not very sure you'll be okay though."

"What is it!? Am I gonna die!?" I feel myself start to cry.

"Heavens, no. It's different than that. Your blood is perfectly healthy for a man who's your age, and also, you look damn good for your age of thirty. How many cosmetic surgeries have you had?"

"None, sir. Now please tell me why I won't be okay." I can tell he's dancing around the subject.

"Okay, the thing is, you-" His sentence is interrupted by a phone ringing. "Excuse me, but I have to take this." He leaves the room and answers his phone.

I start to cry.