Chapter 17 - October 11th, 2017

October 11th

I don’t even know how I should start this entry. I don’t know where to begin. I guess I’ll just start with the ultrasound. Yes, the ultrasound we didn’t know we’d have. Ezra and I barely get to do stuff alone anymore since we have two kids. So we went alone, since nothing special would happen this time. Thank God, considering what happened. Ezra and I went in, holding hands, all happy and excited. Then we did the whole normal doctor stuff. “So you’re six weeks pregnant today, Right Mrs. Fitz?” she asked. “That’s right.” I said. And then, the heart beat. She sat there listening for a second. “Hold on one minute.” she said turning it off and leaving the room. My mind immediately thought miscarriage, but then I snapped out of my mind and remembered we had just heard the heart beat. But it sounded…weird. Really weird. I mean I’ve had three kids. I remember what it should sound like. “That was strange..” Ezra said. “very.” I agreed. “like it was echoing.” the nurse came back in, this time with a man. “Hello I’m doctor Steven” he said shaking our hands. But then he turned the ultrasound matching on. I looked at Ezra with wide eyes. The doctor turned the screen away from us so we couldn’t see. The nurse and doctor looked at each other. “Aria did you get pregnant with any kind of fertility treatment?” he asked. “yes…” I started. I was about to tell him about it but he cut me off by saying “that explains it.” Ezra and I looked at each other. The tech nodded at the nurse as to say ‘you can take it from here’ and left. “I took one picture, by the way. One ultrasound picture if you want to see it. I’ll print it out and bring it back.” he said walking about the door.

The nurse sat down. “How many kids do you guys have?” she asked. “Well.. Uh..” Ezra said looking to me for me to either answer ‘two’ or ‘three’. “I’ve had three girls but only two lives with us.” I answered her. “seven and three years old.” Ezra said, proud to brag about our daughters at any point, to any person. “How would you two feel about multiples?” she asked timidly. “like.. Twins?” Ezra asked, his eyes getting big and excited. “Close..” she said. "Triplets.”