Chapter 8 - August 26th, 2017

Dear diary.

Well we got the results of Ezra’s blood work today. And im very happy to report that Ezra is very cancer free. The fatigue was just from the travel, and so were all of his other symptoms. The burses were from helping out with the hurricane. We should have thought of this but Im to grateful to be angry with him. Before we knew I was practically attached to his hip! I could not leave him alone for a second just because I wanted to be near him. We spent so much time together, and we still are. Watching movies together, taking the girls swimming, eating at a restaurant, sitting on the couch as close as we can humanly possibly be. It was like we were teenagers again. He put his arm around me and I would lean into him and put my head on his shoulder, and he would rest his cheek on my head. At the same time he would hold my hand and I would run my other hand up and down his arm. We were just as close as we could be, because I feared, soon, he might not be here. But, he is, and we’re all safe. Ezra is sitting right here on the couch next to me as I write. He is teaching Sian some new signs so she can play with the new Barbie we bought her for being to brave during all of this. School is starting tomorrow, which could not come at a worse timing. Sian does go to a school for the hard of hearing. (I don’t like calling it ‘a deaf school’, but that’s what it is.) I wanted to home school her, but when she was starting kindergarten I was pregnant with Sadie and frankly, just to tired to home school her. And I wanted her to have some friends like her. Being around people who sign, and learn new words. Anyway, speaking of school, let me fill you in on Ezra. I mean, not that you (being me) wont remember, but hey, maybe if Ezra and I die, Sian and Sadie will read this and learn things no one else knew to tell them. 

Ezra is five years older then me. He was my English professor at my collage. I met him at the age of 16. He attended my church. And even though im ashamed to say it, I had his baby - being Sian - a month before my 18th birthday. The whole time he worked at the college. We got married when I turned 18. Because I was no longer a minor, it was legal for us to date while he was my teacher. I got A’s in all of my classes, so my A in English wasn’t a concern for the headmaster. I stayed in college for only one year before taking online classes instead. I did have a baby, remember?! But, you can only work as a teacher for so long. So Ezra is the dean at the college here. As for my job, I write. At first it was for fun. But I got a journal or two published, and started an online blog. The first journal was the one from Iceland. The other was all about meeting Ezra, having Sian, the struggle of having a deaf child And so on. I wrote them both in book form just to be able to publish it. Kinda like I write in this diary. But trust me, this is my ’secret’ diary. No one, not even Ezra can read this. (And Ezra if you are, STOP!!) anyway, my writing is still all for fun but it keeps me busy. Im thinking about going back to school, but im also hoping to add another baby to the family soon. But so far its not going well. I’ve been on medication to try and get pregnant but so far no good. It makes Ezra nervous sometimes because of the chances of multiples with fertility treatment, but the idea of twins is kinda cool to both of us. I don’t know why I want more kinds, I mean I have two. Ok maybe I do know why. But im not gonna admit it. Not even to myself.