Chapter 1 - August 7th, 2017

Hey, My name is Aria. It’s the year 2017, and I'm twenty four years old. My family of four is living in Florida after trying to run away from our problems in Rosewood, PA. But they stayed inside my daughters body. Anyway, I guess you could say I'm married to my high school sweetheart, Ezra. We have two beautiful baby girls; Sian and Sadie. Only one problem: Ezra was a part of my high school alright, but as my teacher. And, my oldest ‘baby’ is seven. Do the math. Well, I'm not a math girl. I'm a sucker for English.

Dear Diary, August 7th 2017

This morning my eyes opened to see the back of my husband Ezra’s head. I yawned and got up as quietly as possible trying to let him sleep in for a bit. I saw my three year old daughter Sadie asleep next to him and smiled. There was a thunder storm last night and she got scared. My other daughter would have come in at the sight at lighting, but im assuming she didn’t wake up. Its not like she would have heard the thunder to know there was a storm. I looked at the calendar. Friday, August 7th 2017. School started on August 27th. I walked out into my living room to start on breakfast. My oldest child, seven year old Sian was sitting drawing in her coloring book at the kitchen table with her back facing me. Hoping I didn’t startle her, I put my hand on her shoulder. She jumped and almost fell out of her chair. “YOU SCARED ME!” She said very loudly. But I knew she couldn’t help it. “Sorry baby!” I said rubbing my hand over my heart and then moving my arms like I was craddiling a baby. She smiled. “Its ok mommy” she said. But she didn’t put her crayon down to sign it. She was comfortable with me. She didn’t care if she was talking to quite or loud, or if she wasn’t saying her words right. Out in public she didn’t talk though. She only signed, in fear of sounding stupid. I assured her she sounded perfectly fine, but even at seven years old she never excepted that answer. School was about to start, so today after breakfast we were going to go back to school shopping before Sian’s speech therapy. Sian came up behind me and tapped my shoulder. She signed ‘banana?’ and then ‘milk?’ I nodded and got them for her. There was a crack of thunder outside. Sian saw the lighting, flinched then grabbed onto my waist. “its ok baby” I said. I stopped, looking at my beautiful daughter wishing so badly she could have heard what I had just said.

Thanks for reading!