Chapter 3 - August 8th, 2017

Dear Diary, August 8th 2017

“No, honey it isn’t back I promise” I assured her. My daughter had a brain tumor when she was two years old. They found it very early and did surgery on her as soon as they found it. She had recovered amazingly fast and no damage was done. The doctor did say if she were to have any head trauma it would be fatal. It had been a three hour drive from the hospital. And as we drove home from the very long hospital stay, It was storming so bad we were going to stop at a hotel until it stopped, but a car came out of no where and crashed into us while pulling into the hotel. Leaving Sian in a coma. And when she woke up, her hearing was almost gone. If you get close to her ear yell with her hearing aid in, she could hear you, but she couldn’t exactly understand what you said. She could hear the TV if she was wearing head phones and the volume was up very loud. She couldn’t usually make out words, but just everyday sounds she heard sometimes. Or she knew when we were talking, just not what we were saying. But it traumatized her. Luckily with three times a week speech therapy, she could still talk. And we had a strict ‘One hour a day’ of ASL (American Sign Language) lessons. But vomiting was what had been the main reason for going to the ER and finding her tumor. Now with every time she had the flu she was scared it was back. And so was I.

Sian was beautiful, even with bed head and tears in her eyes. She looked like Ezra in so many ways. She had his smile and hair. Then again Ezra and I had the exact same color. Hers was Beautiful, brown, shiny, wavy and a little longer then shoulder length. She had Ezra’s smiled and his scene of humor. The one thing she inherited from him that I didn’t want her to have was his medical past. Sian started crying again and I held her tight. “I’m scared mommy” she said to me. Knowing she couldn’t hear me I replied “So am I baby.”