War On The Inside and Out

"Everyone ready for this?" Damon asks.

Me, Damon, Kylee, Kaitlyn, Adam, Jackson, Kameron, Clara, and Mel stand in front of the large steel door, preparing to take on what ever is inside.

I wonder how Danny is doing back in the room. He couldn't possibly hold back a bunch of groups of super humans by himself, even with the control of the entire building. Now that I think of it, none of the guns or doors have been used. At least, not that I seen. I sure hope he's okay.

My attention turns to Adam and Damon who are about to blast the doors out of our way with a strong fist and a large stone. They smash the door, creating a deep dent.

Whoever, or whatever is in there, knows where we are now. We just gave away our location. Our entire plan is ruined.

Another powerful attack sends the doors off the hinges. The doors fly into the room and crash onto the floor. The dust settles and we find a room full of terrified people. The people are wearing long white lab coats. However, there are two people that stand out. A black haired woman wearing a camo vest and a blonde haired boy, probably Damon's age, stand on each side of the room.

The woman runs at Kaitlyn who prepares to transform. Adam lunges up at the woman and throws a fist at her, but she catches it and throws him across the room. He crashes into a wall and falls to the floor. He stands back up and runs at the woman who runs towards him as well. Meanwhile, the blonde boy has disappeared.

Mel shrieks from behind me. I turn and find her standing with a jagged knife lodged in her neck, and the blonde haired guy holding the weapon. Jackson runs to Mel as she falls to the floor. He holds her in his arms as Kylee tries to heal her wound.

When I turn back to the boy, he's gone. Or is he? I can make out a faint outline on the wall, an outline in the shape of a person. I take a chance and try to throw whatever the outline is into the middle of the room. The outline hits the floor, then the boy becomes visible again. He begins to stand and Jackson, who has laid Mel down, realizing that there's nothing that can be done. Jackson faces his palms at the boy. The boy begins to wince in pain. The pain brings him to the floor. He screams and starts swinging his arms around. Out of nowhere, Adam lands on top of Jackson, making him lose his focus on the boy, who is calming down a bit.

Kaitlyn morphs into a tiger. She walks over to the boy laying on the floor. Everyone but Jackson, who's just sitting up, looks away as she pulls a chunk of flesh from his neck. Blood covers the white floor and the lab coat people hiding in the corner start crying, screaming, and cursing. One the people runs towards Clara. He goes to throw a punch and Clara dodges the punch. Kameron races forward and hits the man in the face. He hits the floor and goes unconscious.

Clara turns and looks at me, but now she has a very concerned look on her face.

"Clara, are you okay?" I ask.

"Well, I just got my new permanent power, but yeah, I guess I'm fine" she says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask her.

"Check the guys head" she tells me.

I flip the man over. A hole in the back of his head seems to have been burnt right through.

"You mean, you did this?" I ask, gesturing to the mans head wound.

"Yeah, right after I dodged the punch, I threw my hand back hoping to hit him or something, but instead, a small laser shot from my finger and hit him the back of the head" she explains.