The First Fight

I wake up in the same bed I was in on day one. Who was that? Well I guess I already have a problem with someone here. After resting for about half an hour I went back to my room.

These powers are crazy. I feel like there's so many things I can do now that I couldn't do before. I don't feel helpless anymore. I don't feel very scared anymore either, but I'm sure there is still so much to be afraid of, even with powers. Maybe having powers puts me in more danger. I guess I never thought about the fact that now that I'm not so ordinary anymore, I won't be dealing with as many ordinary problems as I used to. Everything is okay though, I know with these powers comes more benefits then problems. Or at least, I sure hope so. But the plan today is to use my new abilities in a duel with Damon. Kaitlyn wanted me to practice with her too, so we'll see what happens. I've only been here at the academy for 3 days but I've changed so much. This is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't have to leave for about 15 minutes, that gives me time to think.

A knock on the door brings me out of the imaginary world I had somehow fallen into.

"I'm coming!" I say, getting up to answer the door.

Whoever it is isn't very patient because they continued knocking even after I reassured them that I was coming to the door. I open the door to find Kaitlyn grinning right at me.

"Ready for our fight?! I'm so pumped right now!" Kaitlyn shouts, punching the air.

"I'm practicing with Damon first, he asked first and we had it settled before you asked, but I promise you'll get your turn." I tell her. "Why do you want to duel with me so bad anyways?" I ask.

"Okay, and that's because I've fought everyone in our group and just the other day accomplished my goal" she says.

"That would be?" I ask.

"To have beaten everyone in our group at least once" she says.

"Oh I see. What's a group by the way?" I ask.

"Well teams are who our powers are matched up with. But groups are decided by the students and our group is the group of friends you sit with everyday. That means you're in our group. But since you are part of the group now, my goal has changed, it's no longer done and I have another person to beat. So come on, please?!" She asks after explaining the whole group thing to me.

"Where is Damon at?" I ask.

"He's in a class right now, so what do you say?" She asks.

"Well how long is his class?" I ask.

"Luckily it's one of the longest classes here. It's 2 & 1/2 hours" she says.

"Ok fine. I hope this goes well" I say.

"Are you sure you're ready?" She asks me. "I'm one of the best fighters in our group. Adam and then me. So I hope you know how to use those powers of yours" she tells me.

"Let's do this!" I say.

Me and Kaitlyn make our way down the halls, finally coming to a halt at a large steel door. Kaitlyn pushes the door open and walks in.

"Come on, you're gonna love this" she says.

Walking into the room, I immediately notice a large circle in the middle. The part of the floor with a circle is covered in mats. The room has bleachers on each side and the walls are made up of large grey bricks.

"Wow. I'm assuming the action happens in the circle." I say.

"Yes! Welcome to the AcademyX arena. This is my favorite place ever" she exclaims.

"You sure do have a passion for fighting don't you?" I ask, sarcastically.

"Oh yeah! I love to fight. Ever since I was a little girl I've read comic books about super heroes. I dreamt about being one someday, but I thought it was impossible. That was until one day when I was 12 and someone was chasing me on my way home and I wished I could have the speed of a cheetah to get away from him because he was getting really close" she says.

"And you turned into a cheetah?" I ask.

"No, I actually turned into a small, yet still very fierce and fast, cat. Like, a domestic tabby cat. But I got away" She says.

"Didn't he freak out when he saw a girl become a cat?" I ask.

"Yes, and he told the police that when they finally caught him, but would you believe a man that told you he witnessed a little girl transform into a cat?" She asks me.

"No, I suppose not. At least, now I'd believe anything. After coming to a school full of kids with super powers there probably isn't anything that would surprise me now" I say.

"Yeah, well let's get this show on the road!" She says.

We walk down to the arena and then split up to go to separate sides. Just then all our friends walk in, including Damon, who was supposed to still be in class.

"What are all of you doing here? I ask. "And Damon, I thought we were gonna fight" I shout to him from the arena floor.

"I knew how much this meant to her, so I told her to tell you I was busy" he says.

"Well that was nice of you" I say back.

"Yeah, now stop stalling and get on with the fight!" He says.

I turn my head to Kaitlyn who's giving me an odd smile. Her body starts to contort and within seconds there is an abnormally large wolf standing before me.

"How do you like it?" The wolf asks. "This is my favorite form. I use it so often that's it actually become much larger than an actual wolf" Kaitlyn says.

She lunges at me, not knowing what to do, I run to the side trying to avoid being hit. I know what I have to do. She begins to run towards me again. I focus on her as hard as I can and I notice her feet begin to lift off the floor, but only for a second. As soon as she gets back to the floor she jumps at me again. She lands right on top of me sending me flat on my back.

"10..9..8..7.."

I hear someone counting from where the others are standing. They must be counting down how long until I lose. I have to get her off of me. I struggle and try to push her off, but it just isn't working. An idea pops into my mind. I thrust my hand toward her with palm stretched open with the intentions of directing all my energy out and at Kaitlyn. She flies off of me just as the person counting hits 2. But she lands on her feet, or paws. She rushes towards me, now I see the fierceness in her eyes. Feeling more confident in myself I try to move her again, but unfortunately I fail. Instead of jumping on me she lands in front of me and head butts me in the stomach. She lifts me off the ground with her teeth by my shirt and hurls me to the other side of circle. I start to sit up, but then she crashes into my side with so much force it threw me off of the circle and right into a concrete pillar. I hit the ground with a thud. Everything's going dark. Kaitlyn has gone back to her human form and though looking very happy to have won, I can see the worry in her eyes for me. I also see the others running down the steps towards me. I close my eyes, succumbing to the darkness filling my head.
-------------------------------------------------------

Hope this chapter was more exciting and enjoyable than the other ones were! Please leave me comments on how I did! I didn't leave a note from me on the last chapter because I was super busy, but I'm sure that doesn't bother anyone to much.