Devastation

I gaze at the carnage in front of me, full of shock, rage, and extreme sadness. The mangled bodies, the blood, all this fighting. It's just horrible.

A tall lady with dark brown hair steps towards me. She glares at me with her completely black eyes. Just by the way she's staring at me, I can tell she's not on my side. The woman brings her hands up to face me. From her hands, a swarm of bees and mosquitos appear, and they come right towards me. I turn and run, dodging people, numerous fireballs, and a large piece of concrete that came out of nowhere.

I come to where the trees line up on the edge of the jungle. I can't just leave, even if I am trying to escape being eaten and stung by bugs. My footing is interrupted by a stone and I fall down. I glance back and see the swarm coming towards me. A ball of fire ignites the group of bugs and the ground beneath it accumulates with ashes.

I look over and see Damon with a terrified expression on his face. I pull myself off the ground and run to him.

"What's wrong? You know, other than all of this" I ask.

"The leader, it's.. It's uhm.. Kal" he tells me.

"What?! How do you know?" I ask him quickly.

"I saw him leaving with a group of about 7 people. The people were guarding him" he says.

"I knew we'd see him again, but how is he here? He was at the schools underground prison thing" I say.

"Im not sure, but I know he's here and I'm not letting him get away this time" Damon says before dashing away and heading into the trees.

I chase after him. Kylee, Kaitlyn, Jackson, Clara, and Kameron follow close behind me. We continue after Damon for another 10 minutes before we turn a corner and almost crash into him. He's sitting crouched down, watching the group talk.
Kal stands in front of the group and we listen in on his speech.

"These fools think we're gonna take part in this tournament of theirs. We escaped that prison, and I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna hold my silence just because they win some annual tournament. We will find our way out of here then we will report this whole school and when they get back, they'll all be killed, or experimented on, or maybe they'll all be imprisoned. Who knows. I will see it to it that they get what they deserve for jailing us. First however, we need to deal with the pesky kids behind the bushes over there" he finishes as his group turns to us.

Damon stands up and glares at Kal. Next, Kaitlyn, then Jackson, then Kameron, then I decide to stand. After me, Clara, and Kylee show themselves as well.

Almost immediately, the fight begins. A tall muscular man runs at me and his arms and legs extend out to me like they're made of rubber. His lengthy rubber-like arms wrap around my waist and he starts squeezing and I begin to feel dizzy. Am I gonna go out this quickly? No, I won't let that happen. I use that shadow power of mine and create a pitch black shadow blade and I slice his arm off with it. Blood spews out and the piece attached to me falls to the ground. I blast the man with my telekinesis and he flies backwards and crashes into a tree. A branch protrudes from his stomach. A girl that looks about Clara's age runs to him and touches the branch. The branch disappears. The hole in his stomach starts bleeding quickly.

"You dumb little girl!" Kal shouts as he flies towards her with a powerful ball of energy in his hand.

Something in me clicks. She's not on their team. She sabotaged them. I form a shadow arrow and throw it at Kal. The arrow goes through his arm and he for forgets about the girl. The girl runs to me crying.

"I'm Sarah! Sarah Hall! I'm principal Hall's daughter! I try and hide at school, which is probably why you didn't recognize me. They grabbed me and told me that if I didn't help them that they would kill me and my brother, Mason. He's a student here too. I can make things disappear by touching them, that's my power. Please help me find Mason or my dad" she says quickly.

"Okay, but right now you need to stay behind me. There's nothing I can do for you until we take these guys out" I tell her.

She gives me a look but nods her head in agreement.

A blonde woman looks me in the eye, then glances at Sarah. A sharp shard of ice begins to form in her hand. She fires the ice shard at Sarah, but I direct it back at her. She ducks under it and she brings her hands up. I turn to Sarah and shield her. A loud groan brings me back around. Kameron stands in front me with ice shards in his chest, stomach, and legs. He glances at me and falls over.

Everyone freezes. We all watch as Kameron falls to the ground in what seems like slow motion. After 30 seconds, things return to normal speed. The blonde woman begins to scream and she lays on the ground writhing in agony. Jackson stands behind her with an arm extended out at her. Blood comes from her mouth and nose. The sound of a bone breaking makes me cringe. We turn away from her and continue our own fighting. Soon the screaming stops.

The blonde woman is dead, the man on the branch is dead. All that's left is Kal and his 4 living guards.

Kaitlyn, who has now taken the form of a massive gorilla holds a guys leg and then squeezes it until the bone shatters. The man screams then grabs Kaitlyn's large gorilla ankle and it begins to burn. Kaitlyn let's out a roar and smashes the guy on the ground. His head cracks on a rock and she drops him. A guy and a girl jump onto Kaitlyn's back and she topples over. The girl puts her hands on Kaitlyn's head and falls on the ground. The man climbs off the gigantic ape's back and looks at his partner on the ground. The woman stands up and looks around. She seems confused. Damon readies a fire covered stone.

"It's me! It's Kaitlyn! I think she's switched out bodies. Why else would he have let her up?" The woman says. Or at least, I think it's the woman.

"I believe her" Damon says before throwing the burning stone at Kaitlyn in the woman's body.

There's a scream, that sounds like Kaitlyn at first, but seems to change after a couple seconds.

"I'm back in my own body again, but ouch, that hurt Damon. Jerk" the gorilla, who I believe is Kaitlyn says.

"Sorry, but I knew it'd get her out" he says.

The woman's body lies on the ground motionless. Her friend runs at me and punches me in the face. Before I can turn back around, he's got his fingers on my forehead. A major headache starts in my head. He then grabs my stomach and I suddenly start puking. The man goes down quickly after a single shot goes through his head. We turn to Clara who stands terrified, but proud.

When we go back to finish Kal and his last buddy, we come to find them gone. They've disappeared.

"Did anyone see where the hell they went?!" Damon asks furiously.

Everyone is silent. Damon let's out a sigh and sits down.

"Let's rest here for awhile. We will get them soon. I'd say we deserve a second to settle down" Damon says.

Everyone agrees. We bury Kameron with grief in our hearts. We give him a small ceremony. Everyone talks about memories with Kameron causing tears throughout our small group of 7. We all lay down after deciding to take turns staying up. When my turn finally comes around, I lay my head down on my hands and drift off to sleep. I can't believe how easy I went out, but then again, after today, I can.
--------------------------------------------------------

There's another chapter. Lots of action recently which I hope readers like. I'm sure you've also learned that I get kinda deep into the gore. As always, please leave me feedback. Enjoy! Byee!