Big News, And Big Trouble

After our fight a couple of days ago, me and Kaitlyn are competing against each other starting today, to see who can win more duels. She will probably win this, but I want to try. I'm also supposed to meet Mr. Colpus again today to activate my other kinetic abilities. I'll head out in about 10 minutes, but until then, I wanna practice a little bit on my own.  I hurry around the room looking for things to use. I set up a stool in the middle of the room and put a small bottle of hand soap on top. Don't judge me, that's all I could find. Focusing intensely on the bottle, it begins to move. First it slightly wobbled, then it lifted up, hovering over the stool. Now I feel the bottle as if it is in my hand. I move the bottle around until I have it going pretty fast. I have complete control. I can feel an attachment to every object in the room that makes me feel as if I can move them. I gently set everything back down. I bring the bottle back up to experiment a little bit more. I imagine myself opening the lid and it slowly starts to turn. My door bursts open and I accidentally hurl the bottle of shampoo towards the figure standing in the doorway. Damon stands there laughing, but at the same time, kind of bummed out that he has to change his clothes because they are covered in soap.

"I came in here to tell you that Mr. Hall is making an announcement in the cafeteria and you should hurry there. Everyone is waiting for you, so go quickly" Damon says.

"I should probably clean this mess up first" I say.

"No, just go. I'll clean it up" He says.

"Why is it so important that I hear the announcement?" I ask.

"It's important and I heard it last year, so it's fine if I miss it" he tells me.

"Ok, see you in a little bit" I say.

I rush out the door, hopping over the soap oozing into the carpet. Which way was the cafeteria again? I think it was down the right corridor. I hear the sound of a room full of students so I should be close. Running into the lunch room was not a good idea at all. The second I got in all eyes had turned straight towards me. I walked over to my table and sat with my head down not wanting to look up and check if I was still the center of attention. Mr. Hall's voice echoes throughout the room.

"Hello students. Two weeks from now we have our annual school trip. The whole academy will be going to a remote island somewhere far away. So far in fact, that it is in a different dimension. Mr. Colpus, as well as Xander Chapman, a young man with the ability to open portals into other dimensions, will be getting us there." Mr. Hall says. "Does anyone have any questions?" He asks.

A student in the back of the room stands up, waving his arms frantically trying to get Mr Halls attention.

"Yes?" Mr. Hall asks.

"Why?" The boy asks. "I can't be the only one in the room wondering why we are going" he says.

"You are probably not. Those new to this school don't know why, and I'm assuming that is your situation?" Mr. Hall asks the boy.

"Yeah!" The boy confirms.

"We go each year to hold a tournament, a tournament that actually keeps the world at peace. This competition is between the students here at our school and a group of super powered people who refuse to join the academy. They threaten to reveal our powers and our school to the entire world, unless we beat them in the this tournament every year" Mr. Hall says, seriously.

Hands all around the room fly up quickly.

"I'm sure I know what many of you are wondering" he says.