Everyone Needs Friends

Walking down the hallway looking for room 260. There's 230, 231, 232, but then the hall ends. I'm so confused, these hallways are messing with me, I swear they are changing. I guess if I turn back around and- What?! There's a wall in the way I just came from. I'm not crazy, someone's messing with me. I see someone running down the hallway towards me.

"Hey, I'm Nick, you look lost." A guy my age says. "Are you new here?" He asks me.

"Yeah, and I'm looking for room 260, and call me crazy, but I'm almost 100 percent sure that the halls are changing" I tell him.

"You're not crazy, that's because of Marianna, she can make you see things, and she's making you very, very lost because your standing next to room 29 and you're not even close to where your going" he tells me.

"Could you help me?" I ask. "It would be very appreciated" I say.

"Of course" he says.

So we start down the hallway, walking right through the imaginary walls cast into my mind by another student.

"So you're sharing a room with Damon?" He asks.

"Yeah, anything I should know about him?" I ask. Please don't tell me he likes to mess with new students too" I say.

"Nope, Damon's pretty cool, he's got some cool powers too" Nick says.

"Really? Like what?" I ask.

"Well, he can control or manipulate any element he comes across" says Nick.

"That does sound cool!" I say.

"Well, there's your room up ahead, so I'm gonna go now" he says.

"Wait!" I say, grabbing his shoulder. "What if that Marianna girl starts messing with me again?" I ask.

"She won't, I saw her leave earlier" he says.

"Where was she?" I ask. "I never saw her" I say.

"When you go to this school long enough, you start to understand other students, so I know where and how she likes to hide when messing with newbies" he says.

"Before you go, can I ask you something? What are your powers?" I ask.

"If I see an object, just by saying the name of the object, it will appear in my hand. But only if the object is near me and I can see it." He says. What about you? What can you do?" He asks.

"Apparently I'm telepathic and telekinetic, along with the ability to teleport and use other forms of kinetic abilities" I say, still half confused about the whole situation.

"So you're a mental?" He asks.

"What's that?" I ask.

"The students are put in teams of people all sharing a certain type of power. Your powers are mental, so you would be in the mental group. Unfortunately the mentals here don't last long, and we aren't sure why, but I'm sure you'll be fine" he tells me.

"Yikes, well I'm gonna go meet this roommate of mine. See ya later" I say.

Great. So I just happen to be put into a group of people that disappear. Well, he didn't necessarily say they disappear, but he did say they don't last long, and that doesn't sound good either way.

I open up the door to my new room. The room is big, bigger than my room at home, but that's probably because 2 people have to share this room. The walls are navy blue with a neon green carpet. There is a large window with long blue curtains over them. The beds are really big, and they look comfortable. I hear a door opening and I notice it's coming from the other side of the room.