New Dimension

Today's gonna be crazy, but not as crazy as tomorrow will be. Today we will go through the portal that takes us to the dimension where the tournament will be held, or at least, is supposed to be held, but I won't let it happen.

The door to my room flies open, leaving me gasping on the floor. I've always been a sucker for jump scares.

"Joel! Are you coming?!" Damon asks loudly and very clearly excited.

"To what?" I say, wiping my eyes. I only woke up 10 minutes ago, so I'm still tired. Don't judge me.

"The fight! Ya know! The fight between Kylee and that one girl!"

"What girl?" I ask.

"What's her name? Oh yeah! Sarah Konnor" he replies.

"Who's that? And what's her powers?" I ask, finally awake, but I can't believe I forgot, or was I even told. Wow, I'm a mess.

"She's been Kylee's rival since their first day here. They both started here last year and they ended up getting caught in a prank war that went south and..." Damon says nervously.

"And what?"

"Well. Kylee went a little to far when she made Sarah fall into the pool because Sarah was wearing all white clothes, with black underwear, and you know how that goes"

"Yikes. It sounds funny though" I say laughing just a little bit. "So what did Sarah do back? Anything?" I ask, still trying to hold back some laughter.

"The next day, and this is when Sarah's powers come in. Sarah made everything, including Kylee's bed, go to the ceiling. She has the power of controlling gravity. By touching something, she can increase or decrease the gravity. She made everything in the room zero gravity. Kylee was mad. Ever since then, they've been enemies"

"Wow. Well, what're we waiting for?! Let's go!" I yell, already pulling on my jacket.

Why is this fight happening so early? Just a thought that crosses my mind, so I decide to ask as we run down the halls, dodging students and faculty.

"So why are they dueling so early?" I ask.

"Because we are leaving later. Like, soon" Damon tells me.

"Oh" I say quite embarrassed.

"You really should get caught up you know" he says just as we walk into the arena.

Kylee and Sarah are already in their places. I sure hope she doesn't get hurt. I'm sure she can do this though. She's a tough girl. The arena is pretty empty except for the group, and Mr. Colpus. Damon and I take our seats, which seems to be just the thing Mr. Colpus was waiting for. He raises a hand and looks down towards the two fighters.

"Ready girls?" he calls to them.

They both nod, they face their eyes back on each other. He drops his hand quickly and the fight begins.

Kylee and Sarah glare at each other for a moment, then Sarah runs towards Kylee. Kylee hurls an orb of bright light at Sarah, which just misses and crashes into the ground behind her. Sarah stops and turns around. What is she doing? Sarah reaches down and picks up a rock, then she throws it at Kylee. Kylee tries to avoid being hit, but the rock hits her in the hip. As she falls to the ground, Sarah dashes for her. Kylee let's another "angel orb" fly just before landing on the ground, and that's what I'll call that thing. The angel orb hits Sarah, knocking her flat on the floor. Both girls stand up at the same time. A decent sized gash bleeds a little on Kylee's leg and Sarah has a pretty big lump on her head. Both girls lunge at each other. They engage in hand-to-hand combat. Kylee punches Sarah in the face and knees her in the stomach. Sarah punches Kylee in the gut and then places a hand on her shoulder. Suddenly, Kylee starts floating up. Sarah steps back and grins, but just as she feels like she might've won, Kylee gets ahold of a lock of her hair. Sarah starts going up with her.