Discovery

*2 weeks later*

"Joel, get up. Wake up!" Damon says.

"Ok ok. I'm up" I reply.

When I roll over, I see Damon staring down at me. It's nice that he's back, but he's just not the same. He's gloomy and depressed. He just got back yesterday, and since yesterday was a Sunday, he hasn't got much time in that class he likes so much. I get ready quickly and met Damon in the hall.

"Well, I'll see you later" He says to me before turning and walking down the hallway, disappearing out of my sight when he turns the corner.

I feel so bad for him. It had to be so hard on him. He almost didn't get to come back to the academy, and like me, this school is a huge part of his life. I'm sure he'll be better in no time. He will be his happy, crazy, and hilarious self.

The day goes by pretty quick as usual. The day never felt so fast at my old school. The days there seemed to last forever. Damon was better in 7th hour though. Clearly that class is good for him. Speaking of the class, does he know what happened? The thing I had to tell the class. Maybe I should tell him, or maybe I shouldn't. Should I really give him anymore to stress about? Now that I think of it, there is so much we have to tell him. He still doesn't know Kal is under the school, confined in a super villain prison. I don't think he could handle that right now. I still have trouble grasping onto it.

I walk into my room and find Kaitlyn and Damon sitting on his bed and holding hands. They must've heard me come in because they both turned around pretty quickly.

"Hey Joel. What're you doing here?" Kaitlyn asks.

"Uh. I live here. This is my room" I reply back.

"Oh. Yeah. Well, I gotta go. Damon, I'll see ya later" She says as she places a kiss on his head and walks quickly out of the room.

"Sorry. We were just hanging out" Damon says, standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

"No need to explain. It's all good" I say.

Damon closes the door behind him when he goes into the bathroom. I find myself gazing out the window at the forest. The forest is so odd. There is something about it that leads me to believe that no matter how many mysteries we solve involving the forest, there will always be more. It seems like there are so many secrets hidden there. Just as I finish my thoughts, they flood back in when I see a group of people heading into the woods. Mr. Hall and 4 other staff members. I open the window and carefully remove the screen. Just as my feet touch the grass, I hear a door open.

"Joel? Where are you? And why is the window open?" Damon asks.

Damon's head pokes out the window and I try to hide, but he notices me up against the building.

"What are you doing?!" He asks loudly.

"Shhh, and I'm following them" I say, pointing at the group that is just entering the forest.

"Then I'm going with you" he says.

"Damon no. Last ti-" I try to say.

"Listen to me. I am going. Now hurry up" He says as he jumps out of the window, putting the screen back up and closing it behind him.