Confrontations

Why am I so worked up about this? All I'm doing is asking the principal about possibly having a dangerous hostage under the school. I'm sure he will be okay with that. Actually, now that I think of it, he's given us so many chances, and I don't expect him to give us anymore. I shouldn't have agreed to do it. Since I am doing it however, I guess I'll get ready. Maybe putting on some nice clothes will lessen the punishment. I pull on a black t-shirt and a nice pair of blue jeans, brush my hair as best I can, and pick out the nicest shoes I have. Now I have to get to class, but after my last class, it'll be time to confront Mr. Hall. I rush down the hall to my first class, which goes nicely I guess, but quite boring honestly. Nothing much happens until 7th hour, that's when things get more interesting.

"Joel, please explain to the class what happened to you over that small break, if you don't mind of course" Mr. Dalvo says.

"Uh, ok. I guess" I say, standing up.

"Oh good" Mr. Dalvo says.

I stand up and take a deep breathe.

"Uh. My house was attacked by a man who had powers. He also had some armed men with him" I tel the class.

"I see. Armed with guns, correct?" Mr.
Dalvo asks me.

"Yeah" I confirm.

"Remember when we talked about this? Yeah. Continue" Mr. Dalvo says.

"So I pulled it out of his hands with my powers and we fought a little bit, and I eventually got him down" I say.

"Was it hard?" Mr. Dalvo asks.

"Not really" I say.

"Do you find yourself to be a very fearless person Joel?" He asks.

"No. I'm scared of so many things, but I wasn't scared this time, because I was lucky enough to get a teacher who's teaching saved my life" I say.

"Thank you for the compliment, and thank you for sharing. Please take your seat" he tells me.

I walk back to my seat. The empty seat next to mine was saved for Damon, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Finally, after more lecturing, my classes are finally over for the day. Time to risk everything. Time to risk my time here at the school. Time to possibly risk my life. I begin towards my dorm room. When I walk in, I find everyone from yesterday, all except for Jackson. We could use his help.

"Are you ready?" Kaitlyn asks, obviously nervous.

"I mean, I guess I am. I kinda have to be" I reply back, just as nervous.

"You don't have to do this alone. I'm going with you" Kylee says, standing up and walking towards me.

She stands beside me holding my hands and staring into my eyes.

"We are in this together" She's says with a sparkle in her eye.

Kaitlyn begins to tear up, probably trapped in her thoughts about Damon. After talking for a little while longer, it is time to put the plan into effect. Kylee and I will confront Mr Hall, Kaitlyn will stand by the door watching out for anything, and Clara, Adam, and Kameron are scouring the academy for a possible entrance to the underground prison. I knock on the door of the headmaster's office. Mr. Hall opens the door and invites us in. Kylee and I glance at each other once more for assurance before walking into the office. We sit on the comfy, soft, yet old chairs that are placed just in front of the large oak wood desk. Mr. Hall sits across from us on his much bigger, nicer, and probably much more comfortable chair.

"What would you two like?" He asks us.

"Headmaster, we were just wondering about something" Kylee starts, then turns to me, out of words.

"Yeah. We were wondering, where is Kal being kept? Him taking our friends and all, we would just like to know that he is somewhere horrible" I say.

"Oh. Well, he's being held in a nasty prison. Don't you kids worry about him" He assures us.

"Does this prison have the capability of handling a super human?" Kylee asks, this time more confidently.

"Yes, of course. He is being kept where all our other super criminals are" Mr. Hall tells us.

"Where might that be?" I ask this time, also feeling less nervous.

"That's classified information. Why do you care so much?" He asks.

Now I can see Kylee is getting impatient.

"Because we heard that there is a prison under the school! She says.

Kylee sinks back into the chair, holding a hand over her mouth. She just yelled at the headmaster, and told him we heard something that he knows we shouldn't have heard. This is bad.

"And just where did you hear that malarkey?" He asks, now very defensive.

"I'm not naming anyone. Just tell the truth. Is there a prison for super villains under this school or not?!" Kylee asks.

"Marianna told you didn't she? She's in huge trouble for this, but yes, there is" he says.

"That is dangerous! How can you danger the student body with super villains beneath our school? How many are down there anyways?" I ask.

"Only 94 of them" he tells us.

"That's crazy! Imagine what would happen if they got free. We'd all be dead" I say.

"We have had it under control for 66 years. Nobody has escaped. Nobody has ever even been close. They are restrained and their powers are taken. It's perfectly fine, and as long as you and your friends stay out of it, then all is well" he says.

"We just needed it confirmed. Are we in trouble?" Kylee asks.

"For shouting at me, you have detention everyday after school this week, but I understand. I wouldn't want to be left in the dark either after hearing rumors" Mr. Hall says.

"Ok that's a relief" I say.

We all settled down. The tension in the office shrunk, almost completely gone. Soon after, Kylee and I left the office and headed to find our friends. Kaitlyn joined us too. We finally find them, however, Jackson is with them. We run over it with them and I ask what's wrong. Adam turns to me and is the first to speak up.

"Good news and good news. Jackson recalls a door on the ground in the forest and believes it might possibly lead to the prison. Now for the best news I've heard in a long time. Damon is coming back. His parents finally agreed to let him go, but I heard he's different. The fight changed him. Supposedly, he has been depressed and full of anger toward everyone. He claims that he won't be the same until Kal is dead" Adam says.

"Yes!"Kaitlyn and I shout in unison.

"So what's the plan now?" Clara asks.

"Now I guess we stay low and let what happens happen. We haven't had much peace here, and I'd like to relax" I say.

Everyone agreed, then left to go to sleep. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day, I hope.
--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry.. I said I would update daily, but I guess I'll try to update as soon as possible. I noticed my reads going way down, it's a little upsetting, but if you are a fan, please give me an idea about what you might like to see, and enjoy the story.