The Woods Bring People Together

We walk through the clearing leading into the woods. It's beginning to get dark, but it's already much darker than before because of the trees that the shadows cast down. This place is so creepy, and I already regret coming, but I have to help them. The walk is mostly silent except for the sounds of cracking twigs and occasional bird chirps. Everyone else seems afraid as well. Clara especially, she jumps at every little sound, and I can see that she's shaking like an old lady's hands. I can't imagine how it would be to be taken out here, like Kaitlyn and Jackson. I guess I'll try to lift everyone's spirits by saying something, anything.

"Hey, how's everyone doing?" Kameron asks.

"I'm fine, but what if we can't find them? Do we even have any idea how to get back in case of an emergency?" Clara asks nervously.

"I'm sure we will find something soon. I mean how far could they be?" Adam says, trying to make the young girl feel better.

Out of nowhere, we hear a loud, high pitched, yet far, scream in the distance. The group runs towards the scream. After about 5 minutes of running we come to a small clearing. Paw marks and claw marks covered the ground. Clara gasped and we all looked over to her. In front of her was a small puddle of blood. I hope it doesn't belong to one of my friends. Behind us, we hear some one yelling, yet this time, it doesn't sound scared.

"Guys wait! Sorry I didn't come at first. I was, I was just scared" the voice says.

It was Damon. He must've came after us to help.

"Hey dude. I'm really sorry" I say to him, feeling very sorry about leaving him behind.

"Don't sweat it. I probably would've done the same. Now let's get going guys" Damon says.

Damon walks over to the blood and examines it.

"Do you think this belongs to them?" Damon asks.

Let's hope not, I think to myself.

"Over here!" Kameron says.

We turn to see Kameron pointing at a small narrow path between some trees. There are more prints in the path. Half way done the path we find more blood on the ground, just drops this time, but blood is still not a good sign. Up ahead we see another open space. We rush in quickly. Kaitlyn and Jackson sit tied up against a tree. We run to their side. They have worried eyes, but they say nothing.

"What's wrong?!" Damon yells in an attempt to get some answers, but all he gets are concerned looks. Suddenly Kameron screams and falls to the ground. We realize immediately that he's hurt. Damon scrambles over to him and rolls him over. He's unconscious and bleeding badly from a wound on his back. Everyone becomes very alert, all except for Kaitlyn and Jackson who are still tied up and not speaking. A tall, black, cloaked figure walks slowly out of the trees.

"Why have you come here?" The figure asks.

"To get our friends! Now who are you?!" Damon asks.

"I'm Kal, Kal Sutton, and your friends belong to me now, so you can go. Enjoy the rest of your day now children" the figure says.

"They don't belong to you crap for brains! Why won't they talk?!" Adam says.

"Because I told them not to. They obey me and me only" Kal says.

Clara steps forward, gesturing for Damon to step back.

"Please Mr. Kal, please let my friends go. Why are you doing this? Can we trade somehow?" Clara asks.