Going Back

"Joel, you, Kaitlyn, and 12 of the other students will go back to the facility." Damon says.
"Will that work for you two?" He asks.

"Yeah." I tell him.

"I'm in too." Says Kaitlyn.

"You two go find the 12 you're planning on taking with you." He says.

Kaitlyn and I walk over to the group of people sitting around the clearing. Some of them are standing around talking with friends, some are laying down, sleeping, and some are crying over those they have lost. There are a couple teachers walking around, mumbling to each other. I can't believe they haven't taken control yet.

"Hey, everyone! We need 12 of you to head back to the facility with us to look for survivors, for fellow students, for friends." Kaitlyn says. Who's gonna come?" She asks the group.

Slowly, 12 people stand and walk over to us. One of them is Mr. Colpus and another is Mr. Dalvo. Both walk up to me.

"Joel, what are you kids doing? You made everything so chaotic." Says Mr. Colpus.

"You have thrown things into craziness. The tournament is usually all in order and it works." Says Mr. Dalvo.

"Sir, we wer-" I say before getting interrupted.

"Guys, we're putting a stop to this. I wasn't gonna let this continue. We shouldn't have to fight and lose people year after year, just to keep our secret. So maybe more have been lost than ever this time, but guess what, if this goes the way I hoped it would, then there will be no more of this ever again. Can you imagine how much better it'll be when students aren't terrified of this tournament of death each and every year? Please just let us do this. Please help us do this." Damon says.

"There will be repercussions, boys. There has to be. We understand as we are 2 out of the 11 staff members who vote against the tournament each year. However, the 19 staff members who vote for the tournament, always win." Says Mr. Dalvo.

"So you'll help us?" I ask.

"Yes, we will." Says Mr. Colpus.

My group starts for the long walk back to the facility. We glance back at our friends and fellow classmates as we head farther and farther into the jungle, just hoping to come back and see them all again soon.

After walking for roughly 10 minutes, we find a puddle of a green slime-like substance on the jungle floor.

"Ewh. What is that?" Jasmine, a young girl with the ability to mess with your senses, asks.

"I'm not sure" says Mr. Dalvo. "It can't mean anything good though" he adds.

Just as he finishes his sentence, a young boy jumps down from the tree to my left and 2 men follow by leaping from the tree on my right.

"You people shouldn't have come back. You got the boss pissed. You should just come with us now." Says the boy.

"He's not kidding" says a tall, skinny, black haired woman who seems to have come out of nowhere.

"Let's get them!" One of the men shout.

The woman runs at me. I immediately notice her holding her hands together. When she opens her hands, the green goo shoots out. Not being too worried, I only jump back a little, but a couple drops land on my arm and burn my skin. Suddenly, another wave of slime is coming my way. I throw it at her, but it doesn't phase her at all. Of course her own power isn't gonna affect her. What was I thinking. I hurl the remaining slime at the boy who's currently fighting Trevor Still, a kid with the power to turn solid matter into nothing. The slime hits his back and he turns around. Trevor takes this time to disintegrate a small part of the ground beneath the boy's feet. He falls and crashes at the bottom. Trevor nods his head to show thanks and I nod back. Now, Cynthia, a senior student of Academy X with the power to alter gravity, has the tall woman flying up and then dropping down hard. Kaitlyn, who is currently in the form of a white tiger, is claw-to-hand with a man that is abnormally large. Probably 9 foot, to be exact. The other man is holding a boy by his neck and the kid has gone limp. Before I can get to him, Troye, an extremely flexible kid with the ability to stretch his limbs, gets ahold of the mans neck and heaves him backwards. I run and catch the boy before he hits the ground.