Chapter nineteen

Chapter 19:

Recap

As we walk further outside I get a quick glimpse of a building, and as we get further away from the door I see it more clearer, and see that it is only about ¼ a mile away, not far but enough to be tired when running or sprinting it.

End of recap

Olive's POV

Kathryn and I begin sprinting towards the building, the backpacks bouncing up and down as we sprint. I am so glad I picked converse instead of heels.

As soon as we reach the door, a man appears from inside the building, he has tattoos covering both arms, the black shirt clinging to his muscles as if they were any bigger the shirt would rip open.

"Names?" His voice strong and strict.

"Olive Turner"

"Kathryn Dixton." He nods his head slightly before speaking once again.

"Now, you have been through challenges in this arena and that is why you are now here, this won't stop you from getting in if this takes a bit longer than it should." He explains before continuing. "Now can I see everything you received from the challenges? If you are missing any you cannot go in."

The two of us take off our backpacks and open it up looking for the items we received. I take out the light blue laced lingerie; I also take out the two costumes, the black strappy mesh monokini and the coral cutout flyaway bikini top and a coral string bikini bottoms. I take out the golden items that I put in my backpack, counting six all together.

Looking over to Kathryn, she has a red laced lingerie, the black bikini and four golden items in her hands. The man looks over the items and gives a quick nod before saying that we could put them back into our bags. He then steps to the right and opens the door, signalizing that we could go into the building.

When I get inside the only light coming from the open door, Kathryn follows me into the building and the door slams shut, making everything go dark. It is so dark that you could not even see your hands if you put them in front of your face. "Olive you there?" I hear Kathryn whisper from somewhere.

"Yeah, where are you?" I ask feeling my surroundings but all I feel is the empty air.

"I don't know!" her whisper gets a little louder, her voice shaking a little.

"Kathryn?"

"Yeah, Olive?"

"Are you afraid of the dark?"

"Yeah" her voice is just a small whisper, I can only just hear her words, but I can hear that her voice is shaking, that she is scared.

Kathryn's POV

As soon as that door closed, I thought of the worse possible solutions that could be in this room with Olive and me. With that running through my mind I concentrate in finding a wall, even though I was the last to come in I should be close to a wall, a door even, but somehow I have moved and I do not know where I am now.

However, I am glad that I know that Olive is somewhere in this room. "Kathryn, find a wall, after you find one keep touching the wall but moving with it until you find me, I am touching a wall as well." Olive says from somewhere in the dark room.

I let out a sigh before replying an "okay," my voice shaking a little as I spoke, I start walking in one direction, my arms in front of me so that I wouldn't walk into a wall.

My hands find a rough object, feeling it more I recognize it as a wall. Smiling a bit to myself, I keep my right hand on it and follow the wall, going around the room, trying to find Olive.

I reach a corner of a room, but carry on following the wall until my body collides with another body. "Please say that is you Olive." I whisper so quietly, I can barely hear myself speak.

My arm is pulled forward, through this soft material, then another before I am brought into a dim lit room. I look to see who was pulling me to see nobody; confused I looked around the room and notice a door. Walking over to it, I turn the handle and push it open. I notice a large room filled with a stage, lights and speakers.

It looked like where a concert would be held, I hear a door open behind me, turning round I see Olive, I let out a deep breath of relief that she was now here with me. She runs to me and engulfs me into a tight bear hug, her arms wrapped around my shoulders.

When we pull away from the hug, she gives me a small smile before opening her mouth to speak. "I thought you fell and hurt yourself somehow, so when I kept saying your name you could not hear me because you knocked yourself out." Her facial expression becomes angry and she hits my shoulder lightly. "I thought you were hurt Kathryn!" She says louder, but then pulls me into another tight bear hug.

"Sorry?" I say, but it comes out more like a question.

About ten minutes later, more girls came walking into the room, but then we started to gather around the empty stage. The man who asked to see our items before letting us into the building walks onto the stage.

"There are sixteen girls in this room; the girls who aren't in this room will be returning back to their district, but first here is The Janoskians!" His voice showing no sign of excitement one bit, it showed that he did not want to be doing this.

He exits off the stage and comes on the boys, all dressed in their usual clothing, and as they come into the spotlights one of their songs starts playing, this fucking song.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N I am terribly sorry! It has been a while since I updated and this will be happening again, I am going on holiday on 29th but only for three days, I might write it while I'm traveling on the couch (I'm going to Disney land Paris but going by coach, which means going on a ferry, awful things) but no promises because I have travel sickness if I look down for too long, such as writing or reading in a traveling vehicle.