Chapter four

(Some of the girls' hair that I've named in the chapter)

Today we had the interviews, so we were sent to our stylists. Ocean was messing with my hair, my makeup already done, she had told me she had handmade the dress that I would be wearing for the interview.

"Done. Now I need to get you into your dress." She walks to the opposite end of the room and brings over a long bag.

She hangs it up and unzips it bringing out the dress; it is a long blue dress. Ocean pulls it out and shows me the back of the dress; she had made it so it had a corset back. Getting into the dress was hard because Ocean didn't want me to smudge my makeup or damage my hair.

The dress went to the floor and the small diamonds glistened in the light. Ocean walked to the back and began pulling at the corset string.

"The dress may seem heavy but it is the different layers of material," Ocean says as she messes with the bottom of the dress pulling it out.

"It's a beautiful dress Ocean, it must have taken months to create it," I said in awe.

"Actually it didn't, it took a month to make the actual dress but it took two weeks to design it."

"Now we need to get you down to the interview" she pauses as she looks up at the clock on the wall. "Which is in ten minutes, we need to get you in your heels then we need to get you in the elevator and to the interviews" she starts rushing her words as she helps gets the blue heels onto my feet.

The two of us then get into the elevator, Ocean holding me preventing me from falling down in these heels. I can walk in heels but these were much higher than I would usually wear.

As we, got down to the place where the interviews would be held, the person who would be interviewing us was on the stage and talking to district E meaning that the district T and H had already been on.

Ocean rushed me other to Ivy, Clara, Blaire and Hailey all of them dressed in beautiful dresses. I sit down next to Ivy waiting for our turn on stage, which was last.

We watch the interviews from a screen, the presenter Condrey. He has bright pink hair slicked back, Condrey has been the presenter for the husband games for a while now, he was the presenter when I was younger and at school.

The interviews work by the first girl going up and then the second, then third, fourth and fifth so by the end there would be five girls on the stage with Condrey. Luna Hernández was the first girl up for her district, she is one of the girls I had met during the training yesterday. The rest of her district came out and Condrey spoke to them all before the five of them came off the stage and let the next district. He did the same with them before district A came on.

Sarah Morris the first girl from her district, she has long caramel coloured hair and brown eyes, her hair done in tight curls. The next girl on the stage is Alanis Fear, who has blondey brown hair and bright blue eyes.

Georgina Lacey Sweetland is the following girl on stage, she even told Condrey and everyone to call her Georgie not Georgina. She has brown hair with pink dip dye; she even wore a pink dress similar to her hair.

Kendall Hershey and Marie K Carter was the last two from district A, so when they finished talking to Condrey they all walked off and then it was time for district N to go on stage.

Sky K Rosselle, Margaux Bernard, Alaska Sarah Rae, Faith Knight and Ella Mitchell walk off stage after their interview with Condrey.

"Now for district O's Autumn Raine" She walks onto stage, her heels clicking on the floor as she walks and sits closest to Condrey. "How have the couple of days been for you?" he asks the same question as he does to everyone.

"I have met lots of new people that I hope after the games we can still be friends, but I am also missing my parents and my two younger sisters"

"This must be the longest period of time you have been away from your parents?" Autumn nods her head smiling.

Soon the rest of district O came on, companying Autumn on the long couch.  Anahi Mason, Vanessa Rose, Martina Harris and Marianna Masone the rest of from Autumn's district.

Vanessa and Autumn have been best friends for a long time and they were happy that both had got into the games. Vanessa has grey ombré hair, that has been straightened for the interviews today.

Carey Jo, Noemi Hill, Kayleigh Henderson, Lena Russell and Tameka Webb are the girls from district S. Georgia Downey, Maya Foster, Kathryn Dixton, Christina Ross Becky and Mae Jones are the girls from district K, I had met Georgia and Kathryn yesterday in training. 

The following girls passed, some standing out more than others. There was a girl named Vasia Jørgenssen who has soft green hair, her lime green dress going with her hair perfectly.

Another girl who stood out was Bandit Lee, because of her bright coloured hair, she has deep blue to green ombré hair, and green eyes, the dress Bandit wore is purple, it had like a short dress but then had a layer that made it longer.

But now it was our districts turn, Hailey was the first one up then Ivy, Clara, me then lastly Blaire. The five of us sit down, Blaire closest to Condrey.

"Now this is our last district" he pauses as the crowd makes a sad noise. The girls and I make a frown face while looking at the crowd. "But tomorrow the girls will begin the games by going into the arena" he says smiling, and us copying.

"Now let's start talking to these five girls that's here with me. Hailey you are the girl competing for Jai, I'm I right?" he asks Hailey, she nods her head.

"Yes I am competing for Jai, but I'm just happy that I am apart of this year's games." She says smiling. Condrey ask the similar question to Ivy and Clara before getting to me.

"Olive, you are the girl competing for Luke, am I right?"

"Yes you are, I just couldn't believe that I got chosen for this year's games, my friend Avaline had to push me towards the stage because I was frozen on the spot," I laughed a little looking down at my hands on my lap, the audience laughing a little as well. Condrey then asked Blaire, before he made an announcement. 

"I also have a surprise, not only for you but for the girls" the audience interrupts him again. "While the interviews have been going on, the boys have been listening; they have been in the same room all along. Everyone welcome the Janoskians!" he shouts, lights show the boys standing up from the crowd and walking down the steps and up the stage steps and sitting down opposite us. I look to the girls, surprised seeing how close they are and, that they have been here all along in the audience.

"So girls, how was that surprise?" he asks turning back to us five, him smiling at our reactions.

"So you have been watching everyone's interview without them knowing?" Blaire says, they all nod smiling, Beau and Luke folding their arms and showing a smug smile. "Wow" I breathe out.